Rare Species Pics :p

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mmarx339

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Incase nobody has ever seen these before. I just took some pictures of a couple species of mine
Mary River Rainbow
Teewah Creek Rainbow
Red Sailfin Sand sifter
Red Laser Tetra
C0DE3574-7AA2-4ACC-BE7E-F0243ECDC0CE.jpeg
0091EEB2-BE15-4BCB-8AAE-EB8F1792BEE9.jpeg
9A6FC319-1BAB-4ED3-820C-93B1E9A20CD1.jpeg
A60C6441-F003-452A-AE8B-C745017CC50C.jpeg
9CE991B3-3A09-4B31-9526-05109A9B1DDB.jpeg
A7741F93-48DE-4410-9282-F6A8909A3971.jpeg
9CC85420-00F3-4119-8005-A3CE7037CD5E.jpeg
2888BC09-7376-4475-B4DF-9BD0E40B575D.jpeg

Awesome! That sand sifter is super cute, never heard of it before. :wub:

Awesome! That sand sifter is super cute, never heard of it before. :wub:
Ik he is cute. Basically they arent common anywhere but they are seen in china and europe. You find any pics on google here i dont think. I don’t know how with the trade war and what not but my guy got a shipment out of 4 of those and some rare gobys too one had patterns of a blue gularis killifish once grown. The rainbows are bred local here from a research scientist that goes to these specific locations and collects these fish and then brings them back here to breed. Kind of a trip honestly haha

Also i suck at taking pictures so sorry for the quality
No the pictures are great, very clear and easy to see. But what is that gold colored crustacean in the first photo that the fish are looking at and it looks like it is looking back at the fish.

No the pictures are great, very clear and easy to see. But what is that gold colored crustacean in the first photo that the fish are looking at and it looks like it is looking back at the fish.
I think that's a lettuce leaf

Great looking fish! The sand sifter is very cute too!

Or you sure...lol... never seen lettuce that looked like that...but hey... for be it from me to say I have seen it all....:angel:...lol
I'm assuming you mean this, yes?
Screenshot_20201205-180055_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wow that is so cool! You are fortunate to have such great sources for rare fish!
Most definitely I don’t know it’s literally by coincidence that i live 20 ish minutes away and that i just so happened to get into fish keeping and my tattoo artist friend just so happened to be friends with the owner of this store and he doesn’t ship (no need people travel to him). I don’t know if this is accurate but he told me that the 4 sand sifters he got were the first 4 to ever hit the US. Because of the trade war with china so i aparently assuming he was right am the first person to purchase one here. He knows literally everything but even he knew nothing about these. He seems to search the bottom for leftover food but I don’t know if id call him a cleaner. He’s peaceful and just chills in random spots day and night cute though. I just got a pair of blue eye lemon pleco from him as well they are super cute and derpy oh and I accidentally got a striped Raphael catfish the survived the journey home in a plant outbof water in a bag cuz the guy he had bag it up missed it.

nice! What is the species name of the sand sifter? Never heard of that one before. Always nice to see the less common varieties of rainbows.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back