Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wow...was that totally necessary? He let go of the dog 🤷‍♀️ what would the roo have done if the man just calmy backed away at that point?
That guy deserves a punch in the head for not controlling his dogs and letting them go after roos to begin with.

The kangaroo was a male and it was defending itself from the dogs and considered the human as a threat and an intruder into his territory. Dingoes are a breed of dog that actively hunt kangaroos so the roos are careful around any dog.

Male kangaroos also have territories and defend them from other males. Male roos don't hit, they use their arms to grab and hold the opponent, then kick hell out them with their back legs. They lean back on their tail when doing this, and they have sharp claws and can rip open a human with a single kick. Male roos have thicker skin around their abdomen area specifically for this purpose (so they don't get torn open by an opponents kick).

If the guy backed away the roo might have gone after him or might have let him go. It depends on the roo. Some will go after intruders and chase them out of the area. Others will just let you back away. But the guy should have had better control over his dogs and not gotten into that situation to begin with.

That guy deserves a punch in the head for not controlling his dogs and letting them go after roos to begin with.

The kangaroo was a male and it was defending itself from the dogs and considered the human as a threat and an intruder into his territory. Dingoes are a breed of dog that actively hunt kangaroos so the roos are careful around any dog.

Male kangaroos also have territories and defend them from other males. Male roos don't hit, they use their arms to grab and hold the opponent, then kick hell out them with their back legs. They lean back on their tail when doing this, and they have sharp claws and can rip open a human with a single kick. Male roos have thicker skin around their abdomen area specifically for this purpose (so they don't get torn open by an opponents kick).

If the guy backed away the roo might have gone after him or might have let him go. It depends on the roo. Some will go after intruders and chase them out of the area. Others will just let you back away. But the guy should have had better control over his dogs and not gotten into that situation to begin with.
I totally agree, I didn't know the context of what was going on but I thought exactly the same, those dogs shouldn't have been off lead on roo territory

I totally agree, I didn't know the context of what was going on but I thought exactly the same, those dogs shouldn't have been off lead on roo territory
The whole country is roo territory and he might have been on his own property (farm). But everyone who has half a brain knows to keep their dogs away from roos unless you are actively hunting the roos. Then you usually just shoot the roo from a distance.

I have come across roos in the bush and they don't want any trouble. The odd male might be feeling a bit randy (someone here likes that word so I used it for them) and might stand up and push his chest out. You just give him a wide berth and there's nothing to worry about. Normally the females see a human and run and the male will go with them. They don't want any interaction with people coz people hunt them and run them down with cars.

If it isn't rampant Roo's its misbehaving Yogi's....

The wildlife is behaving very badly lately.....its bad enough having to deal with a shoplifting seagull but a bloody great bear!!

That is just way OTT in the misbehaviour department....

Killed him..... :hatchetchase:
Honestly probably true. That kangaroo could have beat the heck out of that guy.
And it's their language to show dominance. While he should have had control over his dogs, I do feel he needed to show the kangaroo he was the alpha there

If it isn't rampant Roo's its misbehaving Yogi's....

The wildlife is behaving very badly lately.....its bad enough having to deal with a shoplifting seagull but a bloody great bear!!

That is just way OTT in the misbehaviour department....
Blame the US government for making weed legal. The bear had the munchies

Maybe it was edibles? A typical Yogi move and stole someone's brownie picnic?
I remember the scene from Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen where Sam's mom went to his college and she bought some brownies a group of people were selling on campus.
Her son was trying to tell her that they were laced with weed but she didn't let him speak and ate them all 🤣🤣
The whole time she was there, she was soooo high.
Kept making weird jokes and comments, embarrassing her son.
He handled it well though by just trying to calmly lead her off campus.
But on the way out (keep in mind Sam has a girlfriend and his mom knows it) she goes into the large group of ladies and just blurts out: "Are any of you single!? You should meet my son!"
He's just soooo embarrassed and takes her off the campus 🤣.
I have to say that that is one of the funniest scenes in the movie and honestly the best part.
Otherwise the rest of the movie kinda sucks

I've been researching my ancestry on Ancestry.com. I just found two ancestors on my mother's side who lived on Guernsey, Channel Islands, a married couple who had the same last name...before they got married. 😱

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back