Random Discussion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
car accident, tree falling on power lines, power company doing work in the area. it could be any number of things including a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker in your meter box. :)
I had a (likely) drunk person clip off our utility pole at ground level and drive off before anyone (including the police) arrived. The pole remained standing and the power was good and the utility company was going to replace it when they got to it in a few days. The next day, the stress on the neutral line caused the cable to break at the splice, and it fried my garage opener, stove, numerous clocks, outlet ground plugs, and my PC went up in smoke.

I had a (likely) drunk person clip off our utility pole at ground level and drive off before anyone (including the police) arrived. The pole remained standing and the power was good and the utility company was going to replace it when they got to it in a few days. The next day, the stress on the neutral line caused the cable to break at the splice, and it fried my garage opener, stove, numerous clocks, outlet ground plugs, and my PC went up in smoke.
That must be a far more common occurrence than I first thought because I saw that same exact thing once. The pole was clipped off at the ground but still standing erect hanging from the overhead lines. The funny part was that two blocks away was a car with a mangled front end dead in the road. The hapless driver must have attempted to flee on foot but I imagine the cops got him. His license plate squealed on him.

That must be a far more common occurrence than I first thought because I saw that same exact thing once. The pole was clipped off at the ground but still standing erect hanging from the overhead lines. The funny part was that two blocks away was a car with a mangled front end dead in the road. The hapless driver must have attempted to flee on foot but I imagine the cops got him. His license plate squealed on him.
Ours actually sat upright on the ground as it was clipped maybe 6" from the ground. This guy?, was probably driving a huge vehicle, plowed through some large bushes, a decorative fence, and took out two mailboxes and the pole. You could see where he backed up and tracked mud back into the street. It was about 10:30 PM and my DD heard a crash but by the time she went out there was no one there. Before we moved in the previous owner and neighbor had moved the mailboxes next to the pole because they had to buy boxes in bulk due to living on a curve where folks speed when cutting though the residential street. Friday and Saturday nights are the worst. It took about 10 years but the boxes still got knocked out of their sanctuary.

@Oblio You just know it's someone who has had one too many cocktails. Up here where I live the County Attorney , the Sheriffs Department and the city police have declared war with a vengeance on drunk drivers because of three deaths by drunk driving several years ago. The local judges throw the book at DUI offenders and it still goes on. They catch a dozen or so every month in my little town. I don't get it. A cab ride from the farthest point in town to anywhere is about $25 bucks. That beats the pants off a $1200 dollar fine and a week in the clink. That and daily breathalyzers , $5 bucks apiece at your expense at the jail , probation and no license for a year or maybe even three years for two DUI's. Like I said they throw the book at them. Try being an independent contractor and hauling your work equipment on a bicycle .

We actually had a drunk resident, take out multiple mail boxes, and a pole (this time with live wires across the street) two poles down from mine. Her car was totaled and nearly ended up in a house. It was lucky that she didn't make it to the turn in front of my house because she would likely have gone airborne and hit several live trees. The cops got her on the scene.

And I lost water last night lol, our well is down
Oof... Idk what's worse. Power or water... Probably water. I mean what do you do when that happens??
While we are all naming the terrible things that have happened to us, I might as well say that our new fridge arrived scratched :-(
Ok?? Like was it a big scratch or just a small blemish...

Oof... Idk what's worse. Power or water... Probably water. I mean what do you do when that happens??

Ok?? Like was it a big scratch or just a small blemish...
The well company can’t come out for two weeks, so no running water until then and possibly longer

The well company can’t come out for two weeks, so no running water until then and possibly longer
It's funny (not funny you lost your water) how long ago it would be luxury to just live close to a river or lake to retrieve water and now running faucet water is a normal "take it for granted" type of thing now

I hope they fix it wayyy quicker than that. Two weeks? Sheesh

It's funny (not funny you lost your water) how long ago it would be luxury to just live close to a river or lake to retrieve water and now running faucet water is a normal "take it for granted" type of thing now

I hope they fix it wayyy quicker than that. Two weeks? Sheesh
We do live next to a river but I sure don’t want to do that😂

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back