Random Discussion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yeah but it's different.
Well I guess it is if you've always skateboarded without the electric elements to it then it may feel different but if you start with an electric one then it will just feel natural cause it's all you've known

9C4A647C-4541-4604-B39A-34451190ED19.jpeg

Is anyone wondering how the next few months are going to pan out. I checked my tank temperatures last night and they are all just under or over 30 celsius. The weather isn't going to ease signficantly any time soon so I expect high tank temperatures for most of the month.
What's of more concern is notification of likley power cuts in the back end of the year. That could have a significant and then wow..... there's more? ...... what about the water shortages. It looks as if we are going to be really stressed out as the year goes by.
Early this year I bought a good number of Pepsi shares thinking that with the world cup appraoching it was likely to be a decent investment but I wonder how the lack of water supply will affect things. Could it be that there will be a ban on water extraction? Anything's possible.

Is anyone wondering how the next few months are going to pan out. I checked my tank temperatures last night and they are all just under or over 30 celsius. The weather isn't going to ease signficantly any time soon so I expect high tank temperatures for most of the month.
What's of more concern is notification of likley power cuts in the back end of the year. That could have a significant and then wow..... there's more? ...... what about the water shortages. It looks as if we are going to be really stressed out as the year goes by.
Early this year I bought a good number of Pepsi shares thinking that with the world cup appraoching it was likely to be a decent investment but I wonder how the lack of water supply will affect things. Could it be that there will be a ban on water extraction? Anything's possible.
Media stoked scaremongering as usual

1976 was far warmer than this and it lasted around 3 months nonstop, there were standpipes in every road where you had to queue with your bucket or washing up bowl to fetch water, reservoirs dried up completely and where standpipes could not be used, the fire service and water companies and the army sent out water bowsers for people to get water for drinking etc

As for powercuts in winter...unlikely to be any worse than it is at any other time in the past 30+ years. Sure they will happen sometimes but that is inevitable where you have a largely mechanical and cable fed infrastructure...nothing is immune from the occasional breakdown.

In regard to the utility bill issues....it amazes me how few actually know how to budget properly. I angers me how many go grab the various easy credit (cards/loans) and mortgages that are 7+ times take home salary without considering what might happen 5, 10, 15+ years down the line if their financial status changes for any reason. People live beyond their means far too much, they have screwed up priorities and cannot budget.

Me....I am on disability benefits, I pay my water bill for the year before its due, I am in credit on my electricity, broadband and mobile by around 8 months....and I have never had a credit card or loan in my life. The one thing that I can thank my miserable mother for is that she did teach me how to budget properly and how to save up for things I want whether it be cars, holidays...whatever. When I grocery shop I go for supermarket own make, why pay extra for a label name? makes zero sense to me.

Northumbrian Water is asking people not to use hosepipes, but they are not banned (yet) unlike some places in the south. The other water companies laughed at Northumbrian for building Keilder, but Northumbrian have the last laugh. We've lived here for 31 years and never had a hosepipe ban and around 20 years ago Northumbrian sent water by tanker to Yorkshire when they ran out. @Lynnzer maybe you'll find your water switched back to the soft source again.

I just read through the first 15 pages of this.... God were all weird and were definitely an online fish cult :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back