Random Discussion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Pronounced as j sounds like a cleaning product.

Both pronunciations are acceptable. Some dictionaries say j, some say g while others say both. The pronunciation tends to vary with nationality.

What a day.

Got up this morning to find the microwave telling me to 'refer to manual'. In other words the power had been out. Yes, the cooker clock said 01.49 instead of 08.10. The fish timers are mostly digital with battery back up, but the one mechanical timer was 20 minutes slow. So reset all the clocks and the timer.

At 08.30 the phone rang, younger son. Yesterday was Mother's Day in the UK, and both my sons visited for the afternoon. The younger one did a routine Covid test when he arrived at work and is positive. Oh good, we've probably got it now.

08.58 turned my laptop on, downloaded my emails and was half way going through them when the house went silent. And no internet connection. Northern Powergrid said they hoped to have the power back by 16.00, then updated to 17.30. It came back at 17.07 just in time to cook dinner and finally have a hot drink. My husband went to have a look this afternoon and at the entrance to the road the footpath is now a 6 x 10 foot hole with an exploded section of cabling on top of the soil pile.

It never rains but it pours.

The fish and shrimps are fine, acting as though nothing happened.

The last text message from Northern Powergrid said that they'd done a permanent repair. If they'd had to do a temporary repair we'd have had another day's power outage while they did a permanent fix, so we are spared that.

I knew from previous experience when I accidentally forgot to turn the the filter on after a water change that the fish would be OK, and the water didn't get cold enough to harm them.

The only question now is - have we got Covid? We do have lateral flow testers but we need to wait a few days before using them.

I've lost friends to something that is called Covid-19. I've also nearly lost both my Grandparents to something that is called Covid-19.
I’m very sorry to hear that. I am not looking to be disrespectful or knit picky, but how do you question the existence of COVID?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back