Random Discussion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Bass fishin till lunch then water change/tank cleaning and started setting up a little 5gal.
Sounds like a quality day. How's you do with the bass? I caught one nice rainbow, a couple little browns and a brookie. Enough to justify firing up the smoker tomorrow!

I went to 3 different grocery stores in a search for chicken wings. We have tons of family staying with us for two weeks, plus tons of other people at my house today. It’s too stressful, plus I lost my lap top at my aunts house and can’t use this weekend to catch up on my school work:no: but hey, at least we finally found some chicken wings

Last edited:
Sounds like a quality day. How's you do with the bass? I caught one nice rainbow, a couple little browns and a brookie. Enough to justify firing up the smoker tomorrow!
Only caught 2 for the day. That's fishing in August, water temps are 85°+ so it's pretty slow right now. But, a bad day fishing...

I'm headed to Durango, CO next June to try my hand at trout. Might have to have you recommend some flies/lures!

I was driving with my family past a storm and saw someone launching fireworks in the middle of this and decided to take a picture. Got the fireworks with the lightning in the same moment

Attachments

• 7EA4BC09-7930-4542-A31B-37F1C7EB1627.jpeg
    7EA4BC09-7930-4542-A31B-37F1C7EB1627.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 44
Only caught 2 for the day. That's fishing in August, water temps are 85°+ so it's pretty slow right now. But, a bad day fishing...

I'm headed to Durango, CO next June to try my hand at trout. Might have to have you recommend some flies/lures!
I wouldn't know what to throw at them in Durango. But if you're ever in Wyoming give me a holler and I'll be happy to help you out. 🎣 We've got a little lake around here with some largemouths. They are a kick in the pants on a 3 weight fly rod!

My aquariums are a mess, just yesterday I finally found the time to clean everything and change the water. It has been over three weeks since I had taken care of my fish tanks. Before that it had been another three weeks when I did a fast water change on the tanks.

On July the sixteenth my brother had a bad stroke leaving him parallelized on his left side and he is a lefty. He almost died twice and ended up in ICU three times. I am the only person who will help him, he has children but that is a story I don't want to go into. I am all he is got. For the first week I spent the night in the hospital giving him moral support and helping him the best I could. He cried and wanted to just die, but I know this was only the initial shot to his well being.

Here in the last few days I am finally being able to take a break and stay at home for awhile. My brother is doing much better in dealing with his new reality trust upon him by the stroke. He is still in the hospital and next week is facing an operation to remove his gal bladder which ruptured while he was in the hospital. But his is stronger now and has a long road ahead of him to recovery.

My aquariums are a mess, just yesterday I finally found the time to clean everything and change the water. It has been over three weeks since I had taken care of my fish tanks. Before that it had been another three weeks when I did a fast water change on the tanks.
Oh no, what a terrible few weeks you have had. Your brother will indeed have a long recovery and that will include helping him to have a more positive thought process. It is going to be tough and he’s very lucky to have you to support him.
At the risk of sounding harsh, now that it seems he’s out of the “emergency” stage you need to make sure you take some time from visiting/caring to look after yourself (and tanks), visit daily if that’s what you need but limit the time that you are there. If you don’t find some balance you will burn out and won’t be able to support at all. It’s not the same as having family, but he does have 24hr care in the hospital.
You will probably be needed more again when he’s ready to leave hospital, and that will need careful planning. Make sure you take full advantage of any support services that are available to you to make that transition back to home life as smooth as possible.
Best wishes for both you xx

On July the sixteenth my brother had a bad stroke leaving him parallelized on his left side and he is a lefty. He almost died twice and ended up in ICU three times. I am the only person who will help him, he has children but that is a story I don't want to go into. I am all he is got. For the first week I spent the night in the hospital giving him moral support and helping him the best I could. He cried and wanted to just die, but I know this was only the initial shot to his well being.

Here in the last few days I am finally being able to take a break and stay at home for awhile. My brother is doing much better in dealing with his new reality trust upon him by the stroke. He is still in the hospital and next week is facing an operation to remove his gal bladder which ruptured while he was in the hospital. But his is stronger now and has a long road ahead of him to recovery.
So sorry to hear that. I will keep you and your brother in my prayers for a while. @NannaLou is right--you can't help him if you're a wreck yourself, so make sure you're taking care of yourself. Hang in there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back