Random Discussion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Slap, you and noob are reminding me of the summer I spent cooking at Arby's. Haven't been able to eat there since. I know too much. But most people don't know because they actually like Arby's. I try not to spoil it for them.

Slap, you and noob are reminding me of the summer I spent cooking at Arby's. Haven't been able to eat there since. I know too much. But most people don't know because they actually like Arby's. I try not to spoil it for them.
Gads, don't even get me started on fast foods, lol...or actually, any restaurant, for that matter...if people only knew what goes on in some of those kitchens..:sick:..this is why I cook all of my own meals.

"We Have The Meats"!*

*And God knows what else.....

I won't spoil your craving for them, then.....lol
I remember the small grocery with my mom, the deli would give us kids raw hotdogs to munch on while she shopped.
Been a couple decades since I had me a Big Montana!
Gads, don't even get me started on fast foods, lol...or actually, any restaurant, for that matter...if people only knew what goes on in some of those kitchens..:sick:..this is why I cook all of my own meals.
During my time as a line cook in my early 20s we treated the food pretty decent. Now us as people, that was a different story! A favorite with new staff, wait till one was carrying a stack of plates from the wash and toss a coffee mug to them yelling "catch". I would guess about probably 8 out of 10 dropped the 20-30 plates to catch that mug :rofl:

More like...
"We Have The Meats"!*
*meat by product processed in sheets of meat like substance suitable for consumption. Nasty stuff.
Was in an food safety class with students from all sorts of fast food places telling everyone not to eat at their place of business because of this or that disgusting process the franchise put the food items through. I like to cook for myself, even more so after hearing what they did in their lines of work.

Most actual restaurants I've worked in were very clean and made actual food in a reasonably conscientious manner. My favorite job ever was as the head cook at Deer Haven Lodge in the Bighorn Mountains--still a cool place, but not as cool as when I cooked there! ha ha When about half of one's clientele is starving backpackers and hunters fresh off the trail, who praise to the heavens pretty much anything you set before them, it does give one great pride in one's work. :cool: One day a coworker and I shot some rock chucks at a quarry down the road--he liked to eat them--and I walked up to the back door of the kitchen holding a huge one by the foot. My boss answered the door and I held it up by a hind foot and shouted, in my best brain-damaged, ersatz-southern drawl, "I done got us some dinner!"

She didn't think that was as funny as I did. She seemed to think I might give customers the wrong idea.

Most fast food places only loosely fit my definition for "restaurant." I'll admit, though, about once a year I get a craving for Taco John's. Shortly after indulging, I am usually reminded of why I only get the urge once a year.

If Joey Chestnut can eat over 70 hot dogs in 10 minutes, I don't think I should worry about eating 2 hot dogs occasionally. And he entered the competition every year for the last 14 years.

If Joey Chestnut can eat over 70 hot dogs in 10 minutes, I don't think I should worry about eating 2 hot dogs occasionally. And he entered the competition every year for the last 14 years.
I can't watch stuff like that...

The intro cracked me up. Dude, he eats hotdogs...

Thanks for passing that along, @Crispii . She's a really nice kid who's been dealt an awfully tough hand, but she was playing it well last I heard from her. I hope she's getting things turned around.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back