Random Discussion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
I make Spaghetti Bolognaise , Chili Con Carne. All meat free.
I make a mean veggie chilli, but I donā€™t pretend that itā€™s got meat in it. Itā€™s the pretending to be meat that confuses me, if you choose not to eat meat, why eat something that has been processed to look like it?
Iā€™m with @Colin_T meat pies should contain real meat - a bit of a case of false advertising if they donā€™t..? Shepherds Pie should have lamb in it!

Last edited:
I make a mean veggie chilli, but I donā€™t pretend that itā€™s got meat in it. Itā€™s the pretending to be meat that confuses me, if you choose not to eat meat, why eat something that has been processed to look like it?
Iā€™m with @Colin_T meat pies should contain real meat - a bit of a case of false advertising if they donā€™t..? Shepherds Pie should have land in it!
It is fun when your Carnivore friends come round eat tea, while they are bagging vegetarian's you tell them they have just had a vegetarian meal.

As you are a werewolf I'm a Vampire Bat long story, but I'm tired of blood šŸ¦‡. PM me if you want to know more.
LOL, vampire that is sick of blood, funniest thing I have heard in decades. I used to watch your kind during the crusades, feeding off the pathetic humans as they tried to kill each other. Hmm I feel hungry.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, vampire that is sick of blood, funniest thing I have heard in decades. I used to watch your kind during the crusades, feeding off the pathetic humans as they tried to kill each other. Hmm I feel hungry.
Think about @Colin_T isn't that what I do on this Forum site. ;) šŸ¦‡

Last edited by a moderator:
It is fun when your Carnivore friends come round eat tea, while they are bagging vegetarian's you tell them they have just had a vegetarian meal.
It's funnier when your vegetarian relatives come round and they say "that smells good, what is it?" mmm roast lamb. Then their kids ask to try some while the parents are outside and they enjoy it immensely. Then the adults come back in and one of them who pretends to be vegetarian to please her hubby grabs a lamb chop and sneaks into the bedroom to eat it. A few minutes later she grabs a couple more and says thanks before sneaking off to eat them too.

I think everything in moderation and as natural as possible (butter over margarine). I just need to kick the cakes/sweets/biscuits that are neither healthy, natural or on occasion eaten in moderation šŸ˜³šŸ˜‚.
Sweets are my great downfall, too. I don't exactly put on a lot of weight, but I'm not as healthy as I'd be if I kicked the sugar habit. I have before; about a year was the longest I've ever gone low-carb. It was great: Lots of good proteins, lots of good fats (and even some bad fats), tons of veggies, whole grains and fruit in moderation. I felt great, looked slightly less offensive, and ran and hunted better. But eventually the sugar called me back.
EDIT: I donā€™t eat processed ā€œmeatsā€ such as sausages and burgersā€¦some of the ingredients are enough to make you feel ill just reading them.
I think that's more of an England thing. Over here, burgers are just ground beef, nothing else. I remember eating "beef burgers" in England. I'm not sure what those were, but pretty sure NOT beef! :lol: šŸ˜«

Sausages are much the same way. We can get sausages from the local grocery store that are really just meat, fat, spices, and casings. I've even made my own on occasion. Hot dogs, now...those are just scary. There's probably no forum-friendly way to speculate on what's in those.

Iā€™m with @Colin_T meat pies should contain real meat - a bit of a case of false advertising if they donā€™t..? Shepherds Pie should have lamb in it!
Or, Cottage Pie, with beef or pork...

I did a speech in college, subject matter was "Read The Label", concerning food products...you really don't want to know what's in "hot dogs"....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back