Random Discussion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
She's doing alright. However, from August 8 to August 26, she'll be in Philadelphia for her surgery. Let's hope that she'll be alright from her upcoming surgery and that everyone will send her best regards. As for not being online, it's something that I don't want to share without her awareness as it's more of a personal issue.

Glad she's doing okay! I miss her. Tell her I hope everything goes well with her surgery, and that she feels better soon!

haha, ok!

Some of you know i went to the pet store and got bird toys, sooo:
1628440064019.png

Alsoooooo
there 90% tame now :)
they also seem HAPPY to see me, which is kind of a shock, constiering last week the mostly hated my guts and bit me whenever they could...
they flew to me from inside of there cage when i was filling there food bowl this morning, which is also a shock because i usaly had to take out of there cage with a perch or my finger or something. They started "yelling" at me when i left the room to fix my hair... and clean there poop of of my shoulder - _ -. and yesterday they did laps between me (stitting on the couch in another room) and there cage yesterday. so, life updates.

@TheTenthDoctor, can you relate? lol

lol when I went to the pet store, there's a huge fish section, and there was one tank with the BIG fish, full-grown giant gourami's, and adult common pleco's, I showed my mom the common pleco's, and her reaction was "Holy sh-! Mango* would've gotten THAT BIG!?"

*a baby common pleco i thought was a BNP

Parots can be MEAN! But the nice ones are extremely cool. Except when they're noisy. Glad you're making progress.

One time, when I was young, we were at a huge pet store down in Kansas somewhere. We were back in the back room looking at fish (of course) when this kid started having a tantrum out front because they didn't want to leave the store. The kid would cry and whine, and the mom would yell. The words sounded a bit mumbled back there in the back of the store, but the tone of voice definitely said "Shut up! We're going!" Then more whining, more yelling, and on. We were all thinking, "OK, quit yelling, take your kid and leave already!"

When we finally walked out of the fish room, we were extremely amused to see that it was a huge parrot (I forget what kind) doing the entire exchange himself. The poor guy at the counter said the parrot heard it so frequently it picked up on the verbal nuances and replayed it non-stop. A lesson to parents, I guess. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Parots can be MEAN! But the nice ones are extremely cool. Except when they're noisy. Glad you're making progress.

One time, when I was young, we were at a huge pet store down in Kansas somewhere. We were back in the back room looking at fish (of course) when this kid started having a tantrum out front because they didn't want to leave the store. The kid would cry and whine, and the mom would yell. The words sounded a bit mumbled back there in the back of the store, but the tone of voice definitely said "Shut up! We're going!" Then more whining, more yelling, and on. We were all thinking, "OK, quit yelling, take your kid and leave already!"

When we finally walked out of the fish room, we were extremely amused to see that it was a huge parrot (I forget what kind) doing the entire exchange himself. The poor guy at the counter said the parrot heard it so frequently it picked up on the verbal nuances and replayed it non-stop. A lesson to parents, I guess. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's hilarious!

at the same store, there is a room with all the birds and rodents, etc. and there was a scarlet macaw that started squeaking so loud, my mom had to take my little brother out of the room because he almost started crying it was so loud lol

Yes, very mean. Their beaks are also crazy powerful. I got nipped by one in a pet store once, and it cut clean through my finger. Hat to pour a ton off H2O2 on that one, because I didn’t want it to get infected.

Yes, very mean. Their beaks are also crazy powerful. I got nipped by one in a pet store once, and it cut clean through my finger. Hat to pour a ton off H2O2 on that one, because I didn’t want it to get infected.
It's because they bite hard (and their becks should be sharp) then twist, unlike most other animals.
also, it's their poop that has bacteria, not their mouths, so even if a bite breaks the skin, it probably will not get infected.
have you seen a macaw bite?
1628451454860.png

not my image

they have a bite force of 300-500 PSI, as much as a german sheperd

Last edited:
Most birds don't actively attack people though and only bite in self defense. Female parrots bite more and harder than males because they have to defend the nest.

Some parrots will bite and there was a corella (white cockatoo) at a pet shop that we used to sell angora rabbits to. The bird had a thing about toes and would jump off its cage and bite people's toes. It went me every time we went to the shop because I wore thongs (flip flops for the Americans) on my feet.

We had a corella in the shop I worked at (different shop to the one above) and she was a lovely bird. Never bit anyone, used to say hello to everyone when they came in and goodbye when they left. People could pat her and scratch her head. One day this kid was walking past her cage and he had a balloon. The bird reached out with its foot and popped the balloon. The bird was screaming, the kid was screaming, dogs started barking, people were running around wondering what just exploded. The poor bird was hanging upside down on its perch freaking out while the kid ran around the shop screaming because his balloon got popped. :)

We had a corella in the shop I worked at (different shop to the one above) and she was a lovely bird. Never bit anyone, used to say hello to everyone when they came in and goodbye when they left. People could pat her and scratch her head. One day this kid was walking past her cage and he had a balloon. The bird reached out with its foot and popped the balloon. The bird was screaming, the kid was screaming, dogs started barking, people were running around wondering what just exploded. The poor bird was hanging upside down on its perch freaking out while the kid ran around the shop screaming because his balloon got popped. :)
That is HILARIOUS

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back