Random Discussion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I’ve just returned from my first “entertainment” since watching an excellent young U.K. rock band named Hotel Lux in March 2020.
An almost week long comedy festival in our local park. U.K. TV stand up comedy viewers will know Dara OBrien and probably recognise Rhys James and Andrew Maxwell if not knowing their names as they’re TV regulars. Twas great to be out n about though the weather wasn’t too clever.
I dunno why I’m telling you this tbh but I’m just buzzing to be out n about after 16 months of hiding away for medical reasons.

Stay safe everyone cos we’re not out of the woods yet.

btw I only wish I’d known it was possible to stand outside the comedy festival fence and hear every act for free!. It’s ten mins walk from our house and approx 20 well known tv regular stand ups have been on this week.

$2400 :eek:
What do your parents think about your expensive hobby?
Is that the 29 gallon tank?

$2400 :eek:
What do your parents think about your expensive hobby?
Is that the 29 gallon tank?
I pay for everything myself, because I have a part time job. It definitely takes saving up for some items.

Um, so far they have been supportive. They think it's crazy how much coral is (and so do I), but I love doing it.

Yes! That's my 29g. I haven't updates my build thread in a while. I will update it tomorrow. :)

my laptop (aka the only thing I can use to go on TFF) has a virus and I am not looking forward to buying a new one, but I keep getting annoying Pop-ups, and its very ssslloooww, so it has to be done smh

I pay for everything myself, because I have a part time job. It definitely takes saving up for some items.

Um, so far they have been supportive. They think it's crazy how much coral is (and so do I), but I love doing it.

Yes! That's my 29g. I haven't updates my build thread in a while. I will update it tomorrow. :)
I’d be very happy that my child was saving for corals rather than spending money on other less wholesome things 😊

my laptop (aka the only thing I can use to go on TFF) has a virus and I am not looking forward to buying a new one, but I keep getting annoying Pop-ups, and its very ssslloooww, so it has to be done smh
Why don't you just format/ reset the laptop?
that will get rid of the virus and clean things up, then do an update and your good to go.

A slow pc can also be4 caused by a full hard drive and dust on the heat sinks.

I’d be very happy that my child was saving for corals rather than spending money on other less wholesome things 😊
It technically is an investment, but it has a very long return time. (As it takes a while for the coral to grow, so you can frag it)

Mmmmm……(not sure what fragging is 😳)😂
It’s where you (usually) cut a coral and then glue it to another frag plug.

For example, this is a mother colony of a Tenius Walt Disney:
1ABA1B89-C1C1-4C67-90B5-33B747B35883.jpeg

And this is a frag of said colony:
192E5419-DD8C-4CEA-9743-1B7488042181.jpeg

As you can see, someone just essentially cut off a piece of it, and glued it to another frag plug.

A mother colony is a big growth that they cut frags off of.

——

This isn’t only with sticks however, you can frag pretty much any coral.

—-

So once my hammer grows at least 6 heads, I might consider snipping one or two off and selling them. That’s fragging.

It’s much harder than it sounds, because your frag tank has to be extremely clean and established, so the cuttings can recover once they are cut.

It’s where you (usually) cut a coral and then glue it to another frag plug.

For example, this is a mother colony of a Tenius Walt Disney:
View attachment 140812
And this is a frag of said colony:
View attachment 140813
As you can see, someone just essentially cut off a piece of it, and glued it to another frag plug.

A mother colony is a big growth that they cut frags off of.

——

This isn’t only with sticks however, you can frag pretty much any coral.

—-

So once my hammer grows at least 6 heads, I might consider snipping one or two off and selling them. That’s fragging.

It’s much harder than it sounds, because your frag tank has to be extremely clean and established, so the cuttings can recover once they are cut.
That’s a good bit of learning for today - thank you 🙂

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back