Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It's a Dell Inspiron 15 3593, the cheaper model with 256 GB.

I like screens at least 15.6 inches. I need to be able to as much of images like this as possible, and be able to read the sometimes awful handwriting on them
1940 US census form.jpg

It's a Lenovo IdeaPad that the screen went funny on.

Nice laptop Essjay
Are u a census taker?
I really dont need a full fledged laptop as I mostly do web surfing. Mine has a UHD IPS screen which I prefer and paid extra for. The I3 chip results in fast page loading on chromebooks. Chromebooks are less demanding on hardware and the browser loads quicker than a full fledged windows laptop with similar hardware. Chromebooks are less apt to get viruses; Security updates takes just a few seconds compared to slow loading windows updates. It suits my needs as I dont need to install software like word, excel, or photo editing software. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CS54DNG/?tag=ff0d01-20

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You'd never make it down here, lol....hot AND humid

I think I'd wilt away if it were really hot and humid. I used to be able to handle it when I was younger, I prefer the heat over being cold or snow, but as I've got older, I struggle to tolerate humidity a lot more.

I make it sound as though I'm ancient, but I'm still in my thirties... lol. Not sure what changed!

Texas is a state I'd love to visit though! I think I have a completely unrealistic image of it in my mind though. I read a lot of Mills and Boon novels in my teens; in particular, about cowboys and ranchers in places like Texas and Wyoming! Enduring girlhood wish to find a cowboy to settle down with, long horse-rides into beautiful scenery - but there aren't too many cowboys around here :lol:

Are u a census taker?
No, just working on my family history and we use census images, church records etc for information. The US census summary pages, like the one in my post, include a lot more people per page, and a lot more info on them than UK censuses, but you can see what it's like trying to look at even one person's entry on even a 10 inch tablet.

This is an 1881 census from the UK. My great grandfather is on this image. If you can read the writing!1881.jpg

I just went to my local plant store and came up with this Iwagumi hardscape, I need you guy’s opinions.
(The tank is 24x12x15inches)
11963CA3-E7B5-463C-B89C-8C3FB0422CC9.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been getting better at basketball, without really even trying.

A month ago, I thought the sport was stupid and I would never be good at it, until a coworker invited me to play with the other coworkers. I said ok, but I was going to be bad. And I was... the first few times. After that, I started getting better and better.

Lately, I’ve been able to dribble between my legs and do some other cool stuff.

I still can’t hit a 3-pointer, but I’m working on that! Issue is we have a very small amount of concrete at my house, so there’s no room for a goal. :/

—-

I’m definitely not Professor Live, or T. Jass, but I’m getting better! ?

I’ve been getting better at basketball, without really even trying.

A month ago, I thought the sport was stupid and I would never be good at it, until a coworker invited me to play with the other coworkers. I said ok, but I was going to be bad. And I was... the first few times. After that, I started getting better and better.

Lately, I’ve been able to dribble between my legs and do some other cool stuff.

I still can’t hit a 3-pointer, but I’m working on that! Issue is we have a very small amount of concrete at my house, so there’s no room for a goal. :/

—-

I’m definitely not Professor Live, or T. Jass, but I’m getting better! ?
That is really cool!!! Do you enjoy it? Maybe you could try mounting a mountable hoop on the side of your house, if your parents were alright with it? I do not do any sports and have never really tried Basketball, so not sure if that is even a real option

@Essjay Amazing!

I've recently started researching my family history and I've been surprised by how interesting/hooking it is. I've really enjoyed trying to problem solve and work around roadblocks!

Do you use any of the paid for websites like Ancestry etc?

I've been trying to avoid them by using the free access records, but it seems you can only get so far without them!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back