Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Did you just.... advertising your YouTube channel?
Not sure what you mean, I had no ulterior motive. Really I don't give two shakes about the channel, it is all just for fun. I mean if I wanted to start a channel like for that, I would do a running in place video, like moving without moving, or folding time and space, now that would be something to attract viewers.......:wizard:

Speaking of movies, does anyone here watched
The Lord of the Rings? and is a middle-earth fan?
I am a fan of fantasy movies and Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit are top notch. But I have not done much more than enjoy the movies, which I have watched the entire series more than once. During this time of lock downs and such I am watching a lot more movies.

I risked showing the move clip for Shadow in the Cloud because I don't know how many people here have seen it yet. I rated it a 10 on IMDb because for pure entertainment it is spot on. But the scene I showed is over the top....lol.... loved it, and the look on the guy's face says it all....:eek:

@Colin_T - Hang in there you have a friend in me. Although years ago I had came close to ending it all I stopped and thought it can only get better from here. When I posted that I had intended it to be funny, but I did worry about how it would effect someone else. Sorry to bring up bad memories. I am 68 years old and have lost so many people at this age, and having failed at three marriages that I find myself living alone. But I like to think of the movie Outlaw Josey Wells, the part in the movie where he meets the old Indian. The old guy tells him the story about how he and a few other Chiefs dressed up in fine clothes to visit the President but instead they met someone else in Washington (I can't remember who). Anyway the papers at that time wrote a story were they said the Indians where "Endeavoring to Persevere." The old guy said that after they read that, they declared war on the white man...lol

If you need to talk to a friend pm me. Take care of yourself.
Well you two, @Colin_T and @Utar, you are very much loved and appreciated here. Please do not despair, we all have something to offer and would love to help and be here for you. I promise to curb my love for snails if it makes any difference!

Loved the books! I have a special attachment to the films because of work, but Tolkien is/was brilliant. I have his little illustrated book about Mr. Bliss and am now reading The Children of Hurin.

I laughed so hard I coughed my guts up when I read this. Not the part about thinking suicide and being put on hold when you rang the suicide help line, because that has happened to me too. Years ago it was late at night and I was feeling suicidal. I rang the help line and someone answered it and said "Can you hold the line please?" I did, I stood there for 20 minutes waiting for someone to talk to, eventually I hung up and went for a walk.

Another time I rang the suicide help line and it rang and rang and rang, and nobody answered it. I tried a few more times and eventually got a message saying please visit this website if you need help. So I hopped online and found their website. I sent an email saying Help me please, I can't deal with anything anymore. I wrote a spiel about my issues and sent it to them. I got an automated reply saying someone will contact you shortly. Two months later I get this email saying "We are replying to your email asking for help, how can we be of service today?"

I laughed about you being put through to Pakistan and them asking if you could drive a truck. They have some really bad roads in Pakistan and they probably thought, "Yes, we might be able to get this suicidal person to drive on the roads here. :)

I have been thinking about suicide more and more lately. For everyone who says it leaves family and friends behind, my family is dead as are my long time friends. I live in constant pain and have problems breathing. My health is going downhill and with covid and the stupid rental property and all the other crap going on here, it all gets a bit much. The only thing that keeps me going is this forum and there's days when I can't even deal with that.

I nearly drove my car off the road tonight when I was coming home from the shops. I just can't deal with everything that is going on now. I'm so sick of it all.
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, and even more sorry there seems to be no one with you right now but you do have a community here. Please keep pushing despite COVID and political turmoil and lost loved ones and bad health days.

Hang on in there lads, there’s a community here needs and cares for you. The sun never shines all the time. Take care.

Exactly!

I don't know anyone here very well, but I'm always here if ANYONE needs to talk or vent, even if we've never spoken before and you just need a friend.

Double post. Deal with it.

I just wanted say how much I appreciate how humble the community is here. Everyone is treated as equals and given the same encouragement whether you have a $30 Walmart special nano tank with Spongebob decorations or a high tech, high dollar tank that could comfortably house Shamu. You don't see that very often these days. Most communities tend to have an elitist mentality. If you don't spend huge money on X brand item, then everything you have is just junk and you and your dog should be shamed and shunned. Y'all are awesome and thank you for putting up with my crap on a daily basis!

Double post. Deal with it.

I just wanted say how much I appreciate how humble the community is here. Everyone is treated as equals and given the same encouragement whether you have a $30 Walmart special nano tank with Spongebob decorations or a high tech, high dollar tank that could comfortably house Shamu. You don't see that very often these days. Most communities tend to have an elitist mentality. If you don't spend huge money on X brand item, then everything you have is just junk and you and your dog should be shamed and shunned. Y'all are awesome and thank you for putting up with my crap on a daily basis!
Here is not my first, but so far my favorite place to hang. And hey spongebob is awesome, he is a great actor with a wonderful since of humor........lol.....:)

And is the only "family friendly" sites I've found in the internet, even though some people's think there are no freedom of speeches.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back