Random Discussion

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

:blink::oh::crazy::oops::sick:

(Feeling all of that right now? ^) ;)

I'm good. There for a few minutes I could have made a mechanic cringe yelling at myself. On the upside, it made me forget all about my tooth that's been hurting me.

A few years ago I was growing them as well and one of the local teenagers swiped one and ate it. Cue the parents coming over wanting to lynch me. I looked right at them and stated the obvious: "If you play stupid games, you'll win stupid prizes. I guess they've learned their lesson not to go on other people's land and steal their property.".

Edit: Our betta has a 5 gallon aquarium. Pretty common size for one. My wife thinks that once we get rid of all these baby convicts that we should give him their 40 gallon tank. Does anyone else think that's a bit excessive for one little betta?! I like him, he's my favorite fish, but I don't think he needs 40 gallons. Especially since he copped an attitude with me yesterday while feeding him.

Last edited:
That’s lovely.
I’ve been up most of the night staring at a 96% moon in a clear sky.......Hiatus Hernias are no laughing matter. It’s hard sometimes to predict which food combinations gonna trigger it off. This will be a harvest moon by Wednesday apparently.
One of the best bits about living round here is they turn the street lights off at 1AM apart from on the London Road so cloudless skies look amazing. Especially strolling back from the pub or after getting a late train from London. It’s almost like living in the country.
It’s now 6:15am. I may try for a bit of sleep now.

Watching the moon, Saturn and Jupiter with my daughter through her $15 clearance telescope. 90x no name brand refractor, so I guess for $15 it isn't bad. One of these days I'll pick her up a decent refractor and reflector so she can see the rings of Saturn and some deep space stuff.View attachment 114571View attachment 114572

Dunno about anyone else but I’ve spent a large part of the day wandering around asking myself (in my head) “What kind of pansyass wall is THAT?” “ “What type of pansyass tree is THIS” etc etc.. I wish he’d stayed. We could’ve had a bit of fun with him.
:rofl:

twisted-twister_o_2425597.jpg

Edit: out of boredom, I broke my #1 rule: STAY OFF OF FACEBOOK, IT WILL ONLY IRRITATE YOU!!! I end up "bored" once every 4 years or so around this time of year. Like clockwork. I get chest deep in drama and I make an eel out of myself. Normally I'm able to keep my strong opinions to myself on a public forum. I can't be the only one guilty of this.

Last edited:
Ah yes, NOW I remember why we don't handle madtoms and bullheads! It's all coming back to me. Crystal clear, in fact. I've experienced this before and swore I'd never forget it.

Took the kids out to one of the creeks to go swimming today. They bring little nets to catch minnows, crawfish, bugs, you name it. Well, they caught some madtoms and baby bullheads, which obviously got their pectoral fins tangled in the nets. Cue me being the genius that I am in such situations and I reach right in to untangle them barehanded. Oh, yeah, that's right. They're venomous and being that they little, those spines are sharper than the Gamakatsu hooks I just bought! I'm glad I took the hit and not them, but my hand still hurts several hours later.

Watching the moon, Saturn and Jupiter with my daughter through her $15 clearance telescope. 90x no name brand refractor, so I guess for $15 it isn't bad. One of these days I'll pick her up a decent refractor and reflector so she can see the rings of Saturn and some deep space stuff.View attachment 114571View attachment 114572
Saturns rings are starting to disappear sadly

Other than my bullheads having a complete spaz attack, none of my other fish seem to like garlic. I soaked their food in garlic juice. I thought garlic to fish was supposed to be like those old Axe/Tag body spray commercials where you spray it on and the ladies attack you like a pack wild hyenas. Like my own experience with those shower-in-a-can type deals, it seems to do the opposite. The betta took one bite, spit it out and then flat out refused his entire dinner. The guppies and everyone else reluctantly ate it.

Our 3.5 year old son is a handful, putting it lightly.

So I am cutting up a Carolina Reaper peppers for a fermented sauce I am making (I might do a sauce giveaway or contest, if anyone is interest in a little fun). Minding my own business. He sneaks up and headbutts me. My scary sharp chef knife, covered in capsaicin oil, goes straight through my rubber gloves and gives me what can be described as a world class paper cut, but not stitch worthy cut. Doesn't matter. Instantly the capsaicin goes to work. Oh God! Shoot me now!

Is it true that exercise and workout can make you taller? or that just depends on genes, the thing is I'm the tallest family member and doesn't think it's the genes because I work out everyday.

I'm 182cm btw other family members are about 170.

Part of the ship part of the crew