Random Discussion

connorlindeman

Wannabe Fish Guru
2x Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Oh wow! I've seen things like that before! Never that particular one though...
I looked it up on Amazon and it looks like it gets a full 5 stars... I may look into getting one
Ive got one. Never used it but I wouldn't mind.
Costco has a good deal on them if you go there.

Oblio

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I was today years old when I found out there's something called painted glass fish.
Thats even worse than glo light tetras. Look it up.
You mean Glofish rather than glo light?
And correcting that, I agree that painted fish are bad since they are artificially dyed by injection.

GaryE

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Around here, Glowlight is the real fish, and glo-light is the patented one. Glowlights are great little fish - prone to weight gain, but good for learning how to breed tetras.

Essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Strictly speaking, GM fish are GloFish® danios, or whatever species since GloFish is a registered trade name.
Then there are glowlight tetras, Hemigrammus erythrozonus, and glowlight danios, Celestichthys choprae.

Fishmanic

King of the Jungle
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
yeh...Glofish should not have been created. In my experience , they don't grow as large or live as long as natural fish. They even have Glofish Betta..The Betta is already often a very colorful fish...changing the color is not warranted.

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
What are your guys thoughts on paddle boards?
What sort of paddleboard, the one you stand up on and use a long paddle, or the type you sit on and use a kayak type paddle to go up and down rivers or surf waves in?

I had the type you sit on and paddle up the creek in. I would take my dogs out on it and one dog would stay and the other would jump off and go swimming as soon as she saw a duck. Heavy and hard to carry, but nice if you want to go for a quiet paddle up a creek.

CaptainBarnicles

Resident Pleco Hater
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
What sort of paddleboard, the one you stand up on and use a long paddle, or the type you sit on and use a kayak type paddle to go up and down rivers or surf waves in?

I had the type you sit on and paddle up the creek in. I would take my dogs out on it and one dog would stay and the other would jump off and go swimming as soon as she saw a duck. Heavy and hard to carry, but nice if you want to go for a quiet paddle up a creek.
But you don't want to be up the creek without a paddle!

connorlindeman

Wannabe Fish Guru
2x Tank of the Month!
Reaction score

I was looking at some blow up ones you can use with a long paddle and go fishing on a lake.

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
Don't get inflatable ones, they pop.

Get a fishing one made out of UV stabilised plastic. It's the same as what I had but you have a couple of extra holes in the board for fishing rods, and a seat to help support your back.

Most reactions