Random Death Help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

RenC

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So one of my Gouramis was being bullied by the other and kind of laying on the bottom of the tank. First few days it was eating and swimming a bit until it got worse and it was laying on the bottom of the tank and only came up to get food. Once it came up my other gourami would harass it back into hiding. I then took her out once I noticed her laying on the gravel into my hospital tank where I noticed what I thought was hill damage. Can anyone ID what may have killed my honey gourami? No other fish are showing symptoms of any sort and I had her in a medicated tank with salt in it.
A0505900-D1A9-45AF-B8A8-31C238A1025A.png
65B9ECCE-320B-4496-AB58-049E11D54841.png

This looks like a stressed fish that has given up on life. Nothing you can do in this situation.
really?? you don’t think it was a parasite or bacterial? The water parameters were near perfect so I know it wasn’t that but I hate to think it was bullied to death

Sorry guys that's just a fact of what we do. We shouldn't always chase causes, sometimes enough is enough.

Sometimes fish just give up on life. We can't help that, it is part of keeping fish in aquariums.
Well thank you for letting me know, I felt so bad I wasn’t able to help and was worried about my other fish. I appreciate the help

Despite being labelled as a peaceful fish Gourami are territorial by nature, females too, and they may fight when in small numbers, how large is your tank?
20 gallon about half real plants other half fake

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back