Ranchu Goldfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Goldfish21

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could keep two ranchu Goldfish in a 100 litre well filtered aquarium. Thanks 👍

Small ones (2-3 inches including tail) yes, but when they are bigger (5-6 inches+) they would like a bit more space.

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

White Cloud mountain minnows, bitterlings, paradise fish and sticklebacks can all live in cold water and don't get as big as goldfish.

If the tank is indoors and you add a heater, there are small killifish and rainbowfish that can go in smallish tanks.

Not for long, they will quickly outgrow that tank. It's not just about having a well filtered tank, that is a small volume of water compared to the proposed bioload you want to add. It would be difficult to maintain good parameters in a tank like that. I reckon you would need to do multiple water changes per week to keep nitrates down, especially as the fish grow. It's probably best to stock it with something else or plan on getting a larger tank if you want to keep goldfish.

Not for long, they will quickly outgrow that tank. It's not just about having a well filtered tank, that is a small volume of water compared to the proposed bioload you want to add. It would be difficult to maintain good parameters in a tank like that. I reckon you would need to do multiple water changes per week to keep nitrates down, especially as the fish grow. It's probably best to stock it with something else or plan on getting a larger tank if you want to keep goldfish.
Ok thanks 👍

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back