Rainbows in Community?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ostrow

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well, when the ich epidemic dies I'll have some restocking to do. :-( :D

I expect to have left one very small clown (which I'll pair with a replacement), 4 platies/variatus, and 4 dwarf gouramis. Plus a Siamese Algae Eater, Dwarf Bristlenose Pleco, and a couple tiny Otos.

In a 30G that I think leaves me some space.

I think I'd like to get a Boesmani Rainbow. Or two. Are these peaceful???

If not, I'll get a pack of tetras. Cardinals to be safe (for now). But the Rainbows sound interesting.

I have 4 boesmani rainbow in my community tank, and they really add color and action, never bothering any of the the other inhabitants. Rainbows are extremely hardy feeding on flake food and frozen brine shrimp or blood worms. They do grow to about 5-6 inches, and you should have a least a pair of them. How often do you do a water change, and how much? I'm wondering if they would crowd your 30 gallon tank.

Agate :shifty:

thanks agate. i thought they stayed around 3". i can't get two fish that size with what i already have.

there are dwarf rainbows i think .... probably should stay with those ... know anything about them?

Well, Ostrow, I debated about getting Dwarf Neon Rainbow instead of the Boesemani, but with a large tank I opted for the bigger fish. I will definetly add some in the future.

Take a look at this web site to get a good idea of what they are all about.

www.aquarticles.com/articles/breeding/shaw_rainbowfish.html-13K

Good Luck!

Agate :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back