Rainbowfish and fish TB

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If you give rainbowfish lots of plant matter, don't overcrowd them, and do big regular water changes and gravel cleans, they don't normally get sick unless they have TB. Even then they will be healthy until their organ/s pop and they die.

The biggest killer of rainbowfish in people's tanks is overcrowding and a dirty tank, gravel and filter, which allows protozoan parasites to take over and harm the fish.

Last edited:
If you give rainbowfish lots of plant matter, don't overcrowd them, and do big regular water changes and gravel cleans, they don't normally get sick unless they have TB. Even then they will be healthy until their organ/s pop and they die.

The biggest killer of rainbowfish in people's tanks is overcrowding and a dirty tank, gravel and filter, which allows protozoan parasites to take over and harm the fish.

Definitely, they will live like kings :)

My plan is in a 75 gallon 1 female Nic, 5 Yellow Rainbows, 5 Kali Tawa Rainbows, 5 Kamaka Rainbows, 8 Synodontis Petricola and then a few strains of Swordtails and Platies.

Going to look at a tank tonight that has a FW sump on it so I think that could help too.

Wills

Don't keep swordtails and platies in the same tank because they hybridise. Just have one or the other.

Don't keep swordtails and platies in the same tank because they hybridise. Just have one or the other.
Good point, hmmm probs go with the Swords. I do like Platies though...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back