Rabbut's Marine Jurnal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
You have some lovely looking corals there Rabbut, alot of the ones I like actually.

Is the Caulastrea the one that TMC call Ultra by any chance??

Keep up that good work, it looks really good :good:

The Caulastrea is a TMC Aquacultured one, so I suppose they *may* call it that. :unsure: I got it from Interfish, whom had it labeled as a "Trumpet Coral" and they usually use the names TMC give them :nod:

All the best
Rabbut

Cheers Rabbut, I think that may be the one the LFS lady told me to wait for, she said it had simmilar colouring to the Elegance and was far brighter. Would probably be the TMC aquacultured one, the other LPS I have are the same.

Thanks folks.

Wow Tiger, an LFS advising people to slow down :eek: That is unusual. To my knowledge, (feel free to correct if incorrect) the Caulastrea does not need an overly mature tank, just one where all Ammonia and Nitrite spikes have passed and you have all you Mg, Alk and Ca levels in check :good:

All the best
Rabbut

Wow Tiger, an LFS advising people to slow down That is unusual. To my knowledge, (feel free to correct if incorrect) the Caulastrea does not need an overly mature tank, just one where all Ammonia and Nitrite spikes have passed and you have all you Mg, Alk and Ca levels in check

I am one of her best customers at the moment, I had a choice between Galaxea and Trumpet for my last coral choice. The Trumpet she had was nowhere near as colourful as yours so she said to wait until she got the colourful one in as it will be a much nicer coral. When she next gets one she will keep it for me. They usually fly out the shop when the colours are that bright. She also made sure I knew about the stingers on the galaxea and made sure I put it in a low flow area to keep down the length of the tentacles.

She is very good though, I have never been to an LFS where all advice I heard given out was correct. I asked her about a coral another man was looking at, cannot remeember exactly which it was but she actually said that the requirements were not yet known and that some people manage to keep them whereas some peolple fail miserably. I think her honesty and knowledge of marine fish and corals has made that shop as successfull as it is.

the torch really caught my attention. when its up as how it usually is it'd be a beauty! there's still space to fill in there. come on rabbut, i know your hands are getting itchy :shifty: :)

They are, but I've overspent. It will be about 10 weeks now before anything else goes in :nod: the Torch isn't fully extended there either :lol: It is really nice when out though.

The new halide lamp hasn't caused anyone to bleach/strop. There was some salt deposits on the old lamp, must have been there for a few starts at least, as the glass has warped around them :crazy: Testament to how hot these things get when running me thinks :unsure:

Tiger, it's great to hear you have a good shop round your way. They are few and far between :nod:

All the best
Rabbut

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back