Rabbit snails

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Three years ago we toured Scotland at the height of the Midge season. I was eaten alive! People on our caravan site loved me because I kept the midges away from everyone else - honestly, no-one could believe how much I got bitten. Random strangers were offering me midge repellent, they felt so sorry for me. Every damn nip left me with a festering itchy sore, too.

This is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me. i used to be one of those smug buggers who rarely got bitten, and as everyone else was being chased by wasps, horseflies etc, I remained complacently unscathed. No longer - something in my blood seems to have changed and I am "plat du jour" as far as small, nasty, bitey things are concerned.

My husband kept saying "Oh, we'll move somewhere else and that'll be it", but they followed me (or sent word ahead to their families that I was on my way).

It was a month of unremitting misery . . . :(:(:(:(:(
Sounds like the mosquitos where I live...

The only good thing about Scottish midges is that they're so small, they seem to be deterred by even a mild wind. Since the wind blows most of the time up there, I found I could avoid them most of the time. Motivates a person to keep moving. :)

The only good thing about Scottish midges is that they're so small, they seem to be deterred by even a mild wind. Since the wind blows most of the time up there, I found I could avoid them most of the time. Motivates a person to keep moving. :)
That damn wind blew clouds of the little blighters straight on to me.

I acted as their anchor in the storm . . .

Still have some left, as well as the yellow I have some black rabbits as well.

Here's a couple of pictures

Attachments

• 20210814_150104.jpg
    20210814_150104.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20210814_150009.jpg
    20210814_150009.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210814_145958.jpg
    20210814_145958.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 68

Most reactions