Rabbit Snails being attacked

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lnsaneM

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I got 4 Orange Rabbit Snails yesterday and put them in my 150 gallon tank, it was fine at first but after about an hour or two my Datnoid picked it up and started to shake it against the tank trying to eat it. I was worried about my Fahaka Puffer at first but he wasn't the problem at all. Since then I moved them into my 75 gallon tank and they seem to be nice there, the one that was picked up by the datnoid is still a little shaken and isn't moving much.

Is there anywhere to make the fish nicer to snails?

Ah man... Sorry the snails didn't work out. Sometimes you choose the tank mates... Other times the fish do

One of the reasons I'd never keep a big fish like a Datnoid is they are extremely limiting as to tankmates. Everything you ever put into there has to be be carefully researched on the predator/prey level.

If a herd of wild lasagnas gallops through my kitchen, I'm chasing them.

One of the reasons I'd never keep a big fish like a Datnoid is they are extremely limiting as to tankmates. Everything you ever put into there has to be be carefully researched on the predator/prey level.

I'd also be taking photos so people believe me 🤣

If that were the case, the first thing I'd do is to lock and close all the doors and windows
Ah man... Sorry the snails didn't work out. Sometimes you choose the tank mates... Other times the fish do
It's alright, more snails for my 75 gallon then. I was guessing the Fahaka was probably going to be interested, but he wasn't

One major downside is I have to scrub the tank for algae now, I'll try some Nerite snails and see how that goes

I have some good news, I bought about 16 batman nerite snails yesterday and put them in my 150. They seem to be doing really good and are eating the algae on the tank walls and the driftwood, due to their size, the fahake isn't even interested in them.

I have some good news, I bought about 16 batman nerite snails yesterday and put them in my 150. They seem to be doing really good and are eating the algae on the tank walls and the driftwood, due to their size, the fahake isn't even interested in them.
Maybe their too scared to mess with batman...

I have some good news on the rabbit snails, it seems one of the rabbit snails has had a baby. I saw a tiny rabbit snail snugging around this morning but I didn't take any pics. I will try to get a pic when I see him again

This lil guy just happily snuggling around the tank

Attachments

• IMG_3862.JPG
    IMG_3862.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 15

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back