R.I.P Heatwave the Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bettafishlover86

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was cleaning up around my fishtank a few minutes ago and I saw this black thing on the floor. I picked it up and realized it was a betta fish. I was confused, thinking my betta was still in his 29 gallon tank. I looked at the tank and noticed he was missing, and then I had the heartbreaking realization that he had jumped and died. I do not know why he jumped, I got him from petsmart one year and 3 months ago. He was healthy, and it is my fault he jumped because I did not have a lid. I had a lid for the tank, and then I decided I would rather have a light without the hood so I purchased a light that just went on the top. I was planning on getting some floating plants soon, but it turns out I waited too long. I will update the thread with the water parameters in a few minutes.
Edit: I know my tank is cycled and I only have a few unbroke test tubes. Ammonia 0ppm. The pH is too high, and I do not know what caused it to rise. It is 8.2. Do you guys think he jumped out from the high pH?

Last edited:
I was cleaning up around my fishtank a few minutes ago and I saw this black thing on the floor. I picked it up and realized it was a betta fish. I was confused, thinking my betta was still in his 29 gallon tank. I looked at the tank and noticed he was missing, and then I had the heartbreaking realization that he had jumped and died. I do not know why he jumped, I got him from petsmart one year and 3 months ago. He was healthy, and it is my fault he jumped because I did not have a lid. I had a lid for the tank, and then I decided I would rather have a light wthout the hood so I purcased a light that just went on the top. I was planning on getting some floating plants soon, but it turns out I waited too long. I will update the thread with the water parameters in a few minutes.
Sorry to hear about your betta. I could send you some salvinia minima for your tank for free(just 3.70 for shipping) if you would like.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back