Quote with nickname?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mrV

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi!

When you are citing someone and using "quote" like this (quote) ....blaa .... (/quote) and you want to add personal nick in it, how do you do it?

I tried to do it this way: (quote="mrV") ....... (quote), but it didn't work. Is it even possible or not on this forum?

( ) meaning [ ]

Hey V, just wanted to welcome you.

As to your question, I am just barely smart enough to answer fish problems. I'll let someone else answer your query. :)

Hi mrV welcome to the forum :thumbs:

To quote someone. Look in the top right of there post. The righthand button is "Quote" click on this and it will open the reply window. With two areas, the first one is for you to type your reply and the second will have thier post, you can edit it to what you want to quote.
You can only do this once for ecah person per reply.

If you want to do several quotes. Use the Quote button in the reply window. It'll look like this.
Code:
[quote]copy this[/quote]
will show
copy tihs

Davy Reynolds said:
.... first one is for you to type your reply and the second will have thier post...
Only testing...

EDIT. So it works like this. OK.

Hmm.. What if i want to cite two or several person (and showing their nick in the quote)? How do i do it?

MrV wrote
Hi there!

Great Lakes wrote
just wanted to welcome you

Thanks!

Davy Reynolds wrote
Just notice your from Finland

Yes, i live with Santa  :p

So, how do i manged to do several quote with nickname?

Ok its possible the only problem is you have to cut and paste what the others said and the time and their name eg:

You can change the time and who said it but basically the code you need to work universally is:

quote=NAME,TIME]What they say![/quote
or
quote=mrV,21 Aug. 2002,12:10]test[/quote

just put a [ and ] around the first and last quote respectively.  I left them out to show you the code.

I had never even thought about using it myself.

Welcome to the board and good luck!

William 8)

mrV said:
Yes, i live with Santa  :p
roaflmao. So can you tell him I want a new house for Christmas, and a bank ballance with a 8 figure amount of money. lmao

Oh I forgot to point out I am the brains behind the forum, everyone knows I am the real boss!! lol

QUOTE(william+x-->[b)
Quote[/b] (william] Ok its possible the only problem is you have to cut and paste what the others said and the time and their name eg: <!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Testing aqain...

Doesnt work that way...

william @ x) Ok its possible the only problem is you have to cut and paste what the others said and the time and their name eg:[/quote said:
Ah, ok... So, you HAVE to put NAME ,TIME too...

In other forum (like this one) is just working like this:

[kuote="name"] .... message .... [/kuote] (k=q)

THANKS!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back