quick water question!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So after all the testing ive been doing and the heater evaporating the water a bit, the water level has gone down just below the black framing... Should I add any more water? Thanks! :)

So after all the testing ive been doing and the heater evaporating the water a bit, the water level has gone down just below the black framing... Should I add any more water? Thanks! :)
Won't hurt to add more...just be sure to use dechlor

If you put a coverglass on top of the tank, it will reduce evaporation, prevent or limit fish jumping out, and reduce the amount of time the heater is running, thus saving you money. You can also insulate the outside of the tank with 1 inch thick polystyrene foam to make it easier for the heater to warm the water.

If you put a coverglass on top of the tank, it will reduce evaporation, prevent or limit fish jumping out, and reduce the amount of time the heater is running, thus saving you money. You can also insulate the outside of the tank with 1 inch thick polystyrene foam to make it easier for the heater to warm the water.
I have a lid but was leaving it off during cycling...

yes having the top of the aquarium open to the air does allow more bacteria and algae spores to land on the water and it can help speed up the cycling process. You can also buy bottles of filter bacteria and add that to the tank to help speed things up.

yes having the top of the aquarium open to the air does allow more bacteria and algae spores to land on the water and it can help speed up the cycling process. You can also buy bottles of filter bacteria and add that to the tank to help speed things up.
I could try to get some API quick start today but my parents are tired of going to the pet store 😂😂

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back