Quick Feeding Q

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ben3486

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Cureently feeding the Saulosi one cucumber every now and then for a treat and spirulina flake twice a day, just befor i got to work and then after ive had dinner in the eve. My Q is ...... how many days could i potentially leave them? Im prob going away thursday and wont be back untill sunday eve. I know they will probably be fine...as all my other fish in the past have....but thought id check lol.

I always thought a few days was ok, then a couple of days ago I was told by a breeder that fish can actually go for at least a couple of weeks without food.......Obviously it`s not right to leave fish without food for that length of time but if that`s possible then I would say 3 days is absolutely fine :good:

I suppose if you feed them just before you leave they should be fine for up to 4 days. I'm sure if it ended up being longer they would be able to cope. It's not advised though.

Those are the correct answers lol. And theres a few rocks in the tank now that have a slight algae covering so they can always have a little nib on that if they do get some tummy rumbles lol. will just do a quick water change befor i go to make sure nothing goes wrong.....Fingers crossed lol.

Another great idea, I'm sure you will return home to everything fine! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back