Questions about Molly/platy fry

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Lgoldman

Reaction score
Hi! I have a 20 gallon tank with three mollies, three platys, a BN pleco, and nerite snails. Yesterday I noticed fry in the tank. Iā€™m not sure how old they are, but there were only a few left by the time I saw them. I was going to leave them in the tank but I felt bad and ended up moving the two that I saw to a 2 1/2 gallon tank. I put Java moss in the tank and i didnā€™t add substrate. I fed them crushed flakes. Iā€™m planning on buying a sponge filter and a small heater later today for them. I also have frozen brine shrimp that I can feed them. Is there anything else that I should be doing? I donā€™t know if they are mollies or platys.

Crushed flakes will do... Molly and platy fry ain't that demanding when it comes to food.

Hi! I have a 20 gallon tank with three mollies, three platys, a BN pleco, and nerite snails. Yesterday I noticed fry in the tank. Iā€™m not sure how old they are, but there were only a few left by the time I saw them. I was going to leave them in the tank but I felt bad and ended up moving the two that I saw to a 2 1/2 gallon tank. I put Java moss in the tank and i didnā€™t add substrate. I fed them crushed flakes. Iā€™m planning on buying a sponge filter and a small heater later today for them. I also have frozen brine shrimp that I can feed them. Is there anything else that I should be doing? I donā€™t know if they are mollies or platys.
Nope! I feed mine three times a day (sometimes four) with crushed bloodworms! Protein rich foods are the key to growing your babies. Feed them multiple times a day for accelerated growth.

Nope! I feed mine three times a day (sometimes four) with crushed bloodworms! Protein rich foods are the key to growing your babies. Feed them multiple times a day for accelerated growth.
I feed them three times a day. Theyā€™re doing really well!

Yay! I am so happy for you! What colors are they? You will be so surprised, I find my fish continue to color throughout 8-9 months!
Thanks! Iā€™m still not sure if they are mollies are platys. I also canā€™t tell if they are going to be white or yellow, but they have black spots. They are either bumblebee platys or Dalmatian mollies.

Thanks! Iā€™m still not sure if they are mollies are platys. I also canā€™t tell if they are going to be white or yellow, but they have black spots. They are either bumblebee platys or Dalmatian mollies.
Do you have pictures? If they are orange- they are likely platys. Silver/black/mixed colors could be mollies, especially if they are longer bodied as well!

A close up of them would give more insight of the species they are...

Do you have pictures? If they are orange- they are likely platys. Silver/black/mixed colors could be mollies, especially if they are longer bodied as well!
58046FFB-DDC1-4BA3-B6EF-763B3D69298F.jpeg
CC5015AC-0C7A-4232-8FF0-00869159286C.jpeg

Itā€™s really hard to get pics of them ?

The bodyshape is leaning to a platy...

Most reactions

trending

Back