What's new

Questions about guppies?

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰
I used to have a lot of guppies at one time always males though as i didn't want the breeding and i got some danio's, never again aggressive or what and towards my guppies and my guppies used to keep out the way so i soon removed them and they was took to our local store.
I've never touched them since.
Please keep in mind that all advice given here is free of charge, and it is up to the OP to take or leave that advice.

We are here to help, not to disrespect. The advice given is in the best interest for the well-being of our fish, and the peace of mind for the fishkeeper.

The most important factor to consider for the health of our fish is the water parameters (conditions) our fish are living with in our tanks...specifically, ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte levels in the water. First and foremost, we need to know these levels before considering other factors that may be contributing to detrimental behavior or health of our fish.

Again: How long has the tank been set up?
What kind of cycle did you perform, fishless or fish-in?
What kind of test kit do you use?
What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?
The tank is 6 months old I used the fish in method and the tank had to be fully cleaned and recycled after a goldfish that was purchased had a parasite and wanted to make sure I got rid of it before getting new fish then NITROGEN cycle spike happened 2 x and I waited to clean to build up the bacterias in the tank to make sure it fully cycled. It worked. I used test strips as well as the liquid to test water. All levels are at 0 ppm

The tank is 6 months old I used the fish in method and the tank had to be fully cleaned and recycled after a goldfish that was purchased had a parasite and wanted to make sure I got rid of it before getting new fish then NITROGEN cycle spike happened 2 x and I waited to clean to build up the bacterias in the tank to make sure it fully cycled. It worked. I used test strips as well as the liquid to test water. All levels are at 0 ppm
It looks like you've worked hard to get to those levels and good on you 👍 regarding having a tank that carried parasites as well.

I could imagine but doing what you have shows the hard work you've put in to achieving your goal 👏
I appreciate you for that. After several needless childish fighting on here from people who may be much more experience but have very much made it clear that they aren't here to help they are hear to find others to prey on or talk down to. I appreciate your kind words. Sad how may aquarist don't seem to care how they talk to another human being sounds shameful but if you wanted me to praise you for giving me advice that at least be kind when giving it. There's a diffence between reading context and using words that define context you know so thank you... Oh BTW looks like a bacterial bloom and yes seachem stability helped out tremendously.... Guess my tank was just trying to catch up after all it's been through. But glad people like you exist!

After several needless childish fighting on here from people who may be much more experience but have very much made it clear that they aren't here to help they are hear to find others to prey on or talk down to
I can't see the point to it at all, if you don't want to help a person in a proper manner then don't add to the discussion.
There's a way of talking to people with out degrading them and arguments i won't get involved in as i find it ridiculous as your chatting through the net, it's different if you know the person properly to defend yourself.

I can't see the point to it at all, if you don't want to help a person in a proper manner then don't add to the discussion.
There's a way of talking to people with out degrading them and arguments i won't get involved in as i find it ridiculous as your chatting through the net, it's different if you know the person properly to defend yourself.
Well thank you I appreciate it very much.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back