Question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CraZ4fiSHieS

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just put my spotted puffer into a 1 gal hospital tank, & I just realized I have no idea how Im going to keep it heated. :/ Can I just keep a light on over it? Or what can I do? :blink:

You could try moving it into a warm room, with that amount of water, it should be OK, the light should help too. I have a 3 gallon tank and in the summer it gets very warm without the heater. You may need to keep the room heated at night too.

If you got a thermometer in there and it seems to be getting to low, then a plastic coke bottle filled with hot water and placed in the tank will raise it slowly - keep checking the temp though.

If you use a light, be sure you use a low wattage bulb. Many years ago I was treating a tank for in ich outbreak...since the water was blue from the medication, i put two 150W bulbs over the tank to be able to see the fish. Yep, you guessed it--I forgot and left the lights on all night...the poor fish were cooked by morning. I was crushed...BE CAREFUL!!

I'll be carefull! :thumbs: Sorry to hear about that MsDad :( Thanks for the help everybody!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back