Question With Moving

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Drip_Goblin

Reaction score
Hi, sorry but here is the story. We had to move and unfortunately there wasn’t enough space in the car and the truck of the mover’s guy. So i had to fill up the tank half way but I removed all decorations and my filter and placed it in tank water in a plastic bag. But my aquairum’s pH seems like 7.2 or 7.3 and I have 1 molly and 2 platies in there. And the tank isn’t fully way filled, can any sickness happen to my fish or no? Are they gonna be fine? My molly has a nipped tail, he won’t have any risk of tail rot right?
And can the stuff in the plastic bag(filled with tank water), the bacteria won’t die in them right? I can get my fish tomorrow from the old house and all of the other materials in the plastic bag.

Attachments

• ECEC35B3-FAF3-46AA-89D9-16BA5F2456E1.jpeg
    ECEC35B3-FAF3-46AA-89D9-16BA5F2456E1.jpeg
    307.9 KB · Views: 17
Hi, sounds like you had to make do.
AFAIK the fish will be fine. If I understood correctly you still have the fish in the tank, but everything else is out, in plastic bags with tank water.. is that right?
It will be a bit stressful for the fish particularly the one with the nipped tail, so when you set the tank back up make sure the water is optimal: dechlorinated, the right temperature and similar pH, GH and KH as you had before the move.
If the pieces you removed are fully covered with water the bacteria should last for the 24 hours without major issues. If anything dries up completely the bacteria on those surfaces will die.

Most reactions

Back