Question Re: Ph In Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Electric Warrior

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello. So I have a 200L tank that has been established for about 2 months now, with no problems at all so far (knock wood). I did a fishless cycle that took about 7 weeks, where I had a PH crash a few times, so I had to use BOS to keep it in the high 7's along with several massive wc's to lower high nitrate. Stats have been good, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5ppm. Mt tank is planted, and contains some bogwood, Indian almond leaves, which I k now do lower PH. My PH is now at 6.4. Its started out at about 6.6 when I first started the tank, and it stayed this way for about 6 weeks, until a few weeks ago, when it gradually started to drop to 6.4. My question is can expect my tank to settle at around this PH now that it has been up and running for a few months, or is it possible that it could continue to gradually drop over a period of more time? This PH level is fine for my fish, since they all prefer slightly soft, acidic water, but i don't want to have a crash further down the road. My water is soft; GH is 4, KH is 3. Thoughts?

I think it'll stay at that PH.
I strongly advise against using BOS or chemicals to alter PH, as a very high or low one is better than a fluctuating one. If it does keep dropping the only thing you could do is remove the bogwood and go for a thinner type of wood that won't affect the PH as much :good:

I think it'll stay at that PH.
I strongly advise against using BOS or chemicals to alter PH, as a very high or low one is better than a fluctuating one. If it does keep dropping the only thing you could do is remove the bogwood and go for a thinner type of wood that won't affect the PH as much :good:

Oh, no.... I was only using the BOS during my cycle. I am not, and will not be using it now or in the future. So no problems there.

Most reactions

trending

Back