Question on auto dosing Seachem Flourish plant fertilizer

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

clambert122

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The instructions on the bottle say to use 5ML per 60 gallons 2-3 times a week. Thats all it says.

I assume this means in a 120 gallon tank, you would be dosing 10ML per dosing. So if I were going to dose 3 times a week, since i have a fair number of plants, it would receive in total 30ML per week of fert.

my Tank also changes out 5 gallons of water per day automatically, for a total of 35 gallons a week.

Given this, I would rather dose my tank daily to account for the water taken in / out, so the plants have a steady supply of food.

Would it be better to dose 4.28ML a day ( 30ML / 7 ) ?

Or should I just give it 2-3 big 10ML doses a week?

This is my first live plant tank, and I have never tried this level of automation before, so trying to get it right.

Thanks for any help!

How many plants do you have and what kind? That will affect how much you should dose. Def don't dose every day, I've heard of people only dosing once a month in lightly planted tanks. I'd start out dosing once a week and test the water parameters to make sure your tank can handle the newly introduced nitrogen and checking out how the plants are growing. If they don't appear to be growing well I'd cautiously up the dosage but never go over the recommended amount. Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back