**Question of the week** | What is your favorite aquarium plant, and why?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
will ebay guppygrass grow well>?
Depends on the seller, but usually yes. Don’t add eBay plants straight into your tank, as the water in the bag is usually colder than the water in the tank - slowly acclimate the plants (in the bag) with drip acclimation.

If you add them straight in, it could cause a plant melt.

Hello :)
Without the slightest hesitation ANUBIAS : lots of varieties, lots of leaves and plant itself sizes, needs no fert., radiates in dim light, phytophagousproof.... The Tank Plant For Dummies ! What more could you ask for ?

Hello :)
Without the slightest hesitation ANUBIAS : lots of varieties, lots of leaves and plant itself sizes, needs no fert., radiates in dim light, phytophagousproof.... The Tank Plant For Dummies ! What more could you ask for ?
Anubias is very easy to grow, without a doubt. It can also be grown in super low light, making it ideal for beginners. :good:

I really like Christmas Moss. It has one of the prettier growth patterns for moss and attaches to hardscape especially well. It is a pretty versatile plant, too. It can be grown on wood or another piece of hardscape to give a softer look or to hide an unattractive part of the decor, and also is one of the better moss choices for a "tree" look. Or it can be grown on mesh attached to the substrate to create a carpet look or mesh along the back wall of the tank to give the appearance of a wall of greenery. A nice dense area of christmas moss is often a favorite shrimp hangout. Plus it is easy to grow. The only thing it is picky about is it doesn't like water above the high 70s in temperature. Christmas Moss also makes a good spawning substrate and in a mature tank with lots of moss there will be some infusoria for fish fry and shrimplets to eat as a first food.

I really like Christmas Moss. It has one of the prettier growth patterns for moss and attaches to hardscape especially well. It is a pretty versatile plant, too. It can be grown on wood or another piece of hardscape to give a softer look or to hide an unattractive part of the decor, and also is one of the better moss choices for a "tree" look. Or it can be grown on mesh attached to the substrate to create a carpet look or mesh along the back wall of the tank to give the appearance of a wall of greenery. A nice dense area of christmas moss is often a favorite shrimp hangout. Plus it is easy to grow. The only thing it is picky about is it doesn't like water above the high 70s in temperature. Christmas Moss also makes a good spawning substrate and in a mature tank with lots of moss there will be some infusoria for fish fry and shrimplets to eat as a first food.
Do you have a personal preference of Christmas moss over Java moss? Just wondering, because I personally like Java Moss better. :nerd:

I personally prefer the growth pattern of Christmas Moss, but that's just my opinion. Christmas Moss has a sort of triangular fern-like growth pattern that comes to a point and tends to be more uniform (for moss). Java Moss's growth pattern is more stringy and slightly disorganized in comparison, like a ball of yarn. Both Christmas Moss and Java Moss are really good at attaching to hardscape or mesh, and they are both among the faster growing types of moss. All of the pluses for Christmas Moss I mentioned also apply to Java Moss.

Last edited:
We now pause for a brief commerical:
Our Tank of the Month contest for tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger is now accepting entries. If you have a tank of the above size, we hope you enter the contest. Entry period ends on Wednesday, so enter soon!

And now back to our regularly scheduled topic. ;)

I really like Susswassertang, often called Subwassertang. I only got mine little while ago, but I hope it grows fast. This is not mine, but a pic I found on google.
susswassertang.jpg

My favourite plant is plastic plants ?. I keep cichlids and they eat live plants. I just about manage to keep the fake plants in place before they mess those up too.

Cryptocoryne Affinis. My Biology project for my last year at high school, I grow it terrestrially and managed to get it to flower. I described it's habitat and studied it extensively. The same year I bred Severums as my animal project and studied them, A girl in my class ended up with the biology prize after studying fruit flies, it still bugs me.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back