Question for 55 Gallon Community Tank Idea (Neon Tetras, CPDs, Harlequin rasbora)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hansgruber7

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a question for the group. Right now I have a 10 Gallon with some Neon Tetras and I have a 20 Gallon with some CPDs. I also love Harlequin Rasbora and was considering a tank to keep them. However, maintaining three tanks is a lot of work, space, and equipment of course. The thought occurred to me that I could get a 55 Gallon and keep Neon Tetras, CPDs, and Harlequin Rasbora all in that tank together and offload my smaller tanks. I like having species only tanks because I can keep the tanks specific to them and feeding is easier, but what do you all think? Would a 55 with all of them be better? Anything I could be overlooking? Would feeding be difficult to manage properly in a community tank like that? Has anyone tried this?

Don't get rid of your smaller tanks because you might need them to quarantine new fish or to put baby fish in. Get yourself a double tier stand and have the big tank on top and the smaller tanks underneath. The smaller tanks can remain empty until you need them. :)

Most reactions

Back