Question About Treating Ich

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Zenki

Reaction score
so as of the past two days i've been fighting ich in my tanks (guessing came from walmart fish despite me dumping the water in a bucket not my tank) as it showed up first in the qt tank hex wendsday, i have been adding quick cure recommended dosage on qt tank, and 30 drops in my 55g (loaches and rainbow shark) I also added apropriate amount of aquarium salt to my qt tank, and only a little to my main tank (guys with skin)

Last night i finnaly bought a siphon vac and cleaned the substrate with it today.

I only have one 5 gallon bucket to use. so to be sure I'm good to put water back in my tank with my bucket i have let as hot as the tap could get water with a very high concentration of salt 20 tbl spns and let it sit 30 minutes, rinsed it thoroughly, repeated with the salt and hot water, another 30 minutes, i just finished spraying it out with scalding water again.

should that be enough to ensure i am putting clean water back intoo the tank?

I've done alot of reading on it the past two nights.

I do not have an adjustable heater my tank stays 76.5-78 (f)

also all my ornaments - lava rock @ plants are in the bathtub soaking in hot water. I will not be putting these back in the aquarium until i'm sure i'm clear of ich

Whitespot takes time to clear, hence most treatments instruct you to add on specific days over a given period. Turn the temp up a little, stick with the treatment as per instructions and don't be tempted to stop when the spots disappear. This is when the cyst burst, drops away and only at this point is it erradicated, so its important to complete the treatment. If you don't it will keep on re-occuring.

Most reactions

trending

Back