Question about posting vids..

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Is it safe to post vids straight from your PC? I know most all use Youtube...but easier to just post from my PC. But,does that allow some kind of hacking? or is it safe?

You can't post videos straight to the forum. They have to go through a video hosting website like YouTube.

Once the video is on YouTube, it has nothing to do with your computer so there is no way anyone can gain access to your pc from a video.

Is it safe to post vids straight from your PC? I know most all use Youtube...but easier to just post from my PC. But,does that allow some kind of hacking? or is it safe?
I dont think this site allows you to upload vids straight from your device. It has to go through another site

Oh. Thanks. Why are photos ok,but not vids? How about very short vids? A time limit might work?

Oh. Thanks. Why are photos ok,but not vids? How about very short vids? A time limit might work?
Regardless of the video length, it must be uploaded to a video-hosting website, which TFF is not

Its to do with server storage, just think of how big the average film file is compared to images and how much server space it would need. Youtube is a pretty easy system for doing it.

Wills

I went with daily motion. Soon to post the water plants I have swaying back and forth in the current. I dont think I've seen one vid like it. Everything in "natural" style tanks is to be perfectly still. Not mine..it looks alive with Crypts and Hygrophila swaying away. Anubias elbowing old faithful C.wendtii.
I havent mastered the zero algae aquarium..but much better these days than in the past.

I didn't know that. I guess try another...
Yah I was browsing on there one day and... Well... I found extra curricular subjects 🤣
So now I don't use daily motion

Try Vimeo next. I set up the 240 in May of 2018 and its taken quite a few losses in fish and plants and even now as well balanced as it is,I lose a fish on occasion or a plant gets picked to death or like Tiger Lotus, goes from thrive to dive and dead. Yet,four years later its looking lush and except for one female rainbow all fish thriving. I've treated her for internal and external...and she still struggles at 2 plus years old.
But for low tech its unique- a strong current making the plants wave right at you. Soon!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back