Question About Phospates

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Gunngee

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just curious about what could be causing high phosphate readings. I've done 3 water changes (25%)in the last 3 days, put phosphate remover in my tray did a very healthy gravel vaccuuming. Nitrite, nitrate, ammonia are all 0. It has dropped a bit but it's still reading 1.0 Oh yeah I also checked the water from my tap and it's fine as well. Any thoughts?

Oh ya I almost forgot, I only feed once a day. It's a 45 gallon tank with 2 kribensis, 5 giant danios, 4 neon rainbow's. My Pleco died last week. :rip:

It could be the food - it should say somewhere on the pack if that's the culprit.
Do you add any chemicals to the tank other than dechlorinator? Some pH adjusters contain a lot of phosphate, for example.

Funny, I'm in the habit of reading nutritional info on food for me but I never even thought to check the fish food lol. That being said the phosphorous in my flake food is 1.2% and the frozen blood worms are .01%. I don't add any other chemicals to my water.

1ppm? That's nothing mate. I highly, highly doubt it's responsible for any deaths. Just continue what you are doing with regards to water changes and keeping your ammonia and nitrite 0. No sweat.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back