Question About My New Fluval Aquarium Lights

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Sexy Rexy

Reaction score
Hi all you fish heads! I just purchased a Fluval Plant Bluetooth light setup. The model number is 14523. Iā€™ve got everything set up and the Fluval app downloaded that lets you use itā€™s various features, including an on/off function. My question is this, in the ownerā€™s manual there is a section that mentions a manual touch pad switch directly on the body of the light assembly that acts as a power on/off switch and a light dimmer. My wife and I have searched up and down and cannot find any such thing. The manual even states that the switch is there to allow those that donā€™t have a smart phone to operate the light. I called the store that I bought the light from and talked to the person I bought it from and he informed me that he didnā€™t think this particular model had a manual on/off touch pad and that he owned a few Fluvals similar to mine and none of them could be operated other than with the phone app. Anybody here have any experience with the model I have?

Last edited:
Hey, i have the 14522 model, I found mine by accident cleaning the light šŸ˜‚
Itā€™s on the opposite side to the wire.
Pressing once, turns off
Again turns to your first preset
The next press uses your second preset
And the third press takes you back to the preset before you turned it off and then the cycle repeats if you keep pressing.
Holding the button down will either dim or brighten the light.

Hope this has helped, happy pressing āœŒšŸ¼šŸ¤£

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 49
Hey, i have the 14522 model, I found mine by accident cleaning the light šŸ˜‚
Itā€™s on the opposite side to the wire.
Pressing once, turns off
Again turns to your first preset
The next press uses your second preset
And the third press takes you back to the preset before you turned it off and then the cycle repeats if you keep pressing.
Holding the button down will either dim or brighten the light.

Hope this has helped, happy pressing āœŒšŸ¼šŸ¤£
Hi Gache7
Thanks for your input. Here are some pictures of my light and a snapshot of the owners manual referencing the power switch. Canā€™t for the life of me figure out why there is no switch. I canā€™t imagine a manufacturer making a light that has no on/off switch. I just bought this yesterday so I guess Iā€™ll take it back and talk to the person that sold it to me.

Attachments

• 7C7C08BE-792D-4BCA-8D76-98C4A77B58F2.jpeg
    7C7C08BE-792D-4BCA-8D76-98C4A77B58F2.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 84867C37-12FA-4C92-9F27-0FE1E2F21108.jpeg
    84867C37-12FA-4C92-9F27-0FE1E2F21108.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 84433486-44B0-4223-BAA6-4F31508CAF2A.jpeg
    84433486-44B0-4223-BAA6-4F31508CAF2A.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 38
you got scammed, probably. fluval 3.0 is not an inexpensive light and i imagine that many will try to sell you fake ones. to use the app, you need to turn on bluetooth mode with the button on the top, which you don't have. how much did you pay for it, because it's definitely fake - i don't see how you could take off the button, i'm looking at mine, it's engraved.

you got scammed, probably. fluval 3.0 is not an inexpensive light and i imagine that many will try to sell you fake ones. to use the app, you need to turn on bluetooth mode with the button on the top, which you don't have. how much did you pay for it, because it's definitely fake - i don't see how you could take off the button, i'm looking at mine, it's engraved.
Nope, not scammedā€¦Mystery solved. Bought this off the shelf at Petco. Undamaged box, with all protective materials untouched. So I just got back from talking to my guy at Petco. Upon looking at the unit he said that someone at the factory had to have screwed up. He wasnā€™t sure what Fluval model it was but obviously not what the box represented. He apologized up and down and told me I could either take a complete refund and order a different lighting system from them or take the same total refund and keep the lights for free. It was a no brainer as the lights were completely compatible with the Bluetooth phone app that allowed me all of the features I would have had with the ā€œproperā€ unit except that I wouldnā€™t have the 3 installed presets. Iā€™ve done a ton of business with our local Petco and theyā€™ve always gone above and beyond to ensure my complete satisfaction.

Last edited:
A bit more info on the whole strange Fluval purchase from yesterday. When I told my guy at PETCO that I was looking for a better light setup than the cheapo Marineland that came with a package I bought about 5 months ago, he walked me over to what should have been the Fluval Plant 3.0. The sticker price was $225 but he said that it had been there a little longer than they normally like their inventory so heā€™d sell it to me for $165. Paid the cash and out the door I went. It soon became apparent that something just wasnā€™t right. When I go back to PETCO, they agree that the lights werenā€™t the 48-60 inch ā€œPlantā€ model. To make up for the mixup they refunded my money and let me keep the ā€œmystery model, no charge. After some investigation on the net, it turns out that I now have the 60 inch Aquasky which sells for about $145. This model does not have a built in power switch. Bottom line is I donā€™t have the better Plant model but rather a FREE Aquasky model that does have the Bluetooth phone app and suits my needs just fine. What a strange chain of events

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back