Question About Moving House

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

smudge_

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

I am moving house next week, I went into my LFS today and they handed me a huge polystyrene box I assume the fish arrives with them in.

I have a question that (embarrassingly) didn't cross my mind at the time.  Do I half fill the box with tank water and just put the fish in the box, or do I just put bagged fish  in the box?

Thanks for your help!

Better off putting the fish in bags first. Keeps them from being 'slopped about' too much :)

fluttermoth said:
Better off putting the fish in bags first. Keeps them from being 'slopped about' too much
smile.png

I did think that was the case, but it somewhat renders the box rather irrelevant doesn't it? Oh well

Thanks for the response.

You bag them first.
The only purpose of that box is to keep the temperature more constant for your fish and prefent large temperature drops.

As stated above, the polysyrene will help keep the temperature stable in the box.

I'd also suggest loosely scrunching newspaper up to put in there too, use it to fill up any large gaps in the box once the bags are in to stop them rolling around in there.

^what everyone else said^

When the lfs get a fish shipment they come bagged and placed in those polystyrene boxes - I've seen them at my lfs when they've just arrived. The box keeps not just warm but because it's fairly dark in there it'll also help reduce some stress

Thanks folks much appreciated, I originally went to the LFS for bags and left with the box.  I guess another trip is needed :p

How far are you moving? 

If it is not too far you can put fish in Buckets and rubbermaid containers. I did this when I moved across town. It was easier than bagging all the fish. if you are moving hours away you want to look into how to pack fish for Shipping. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back