Question about Fluval Bud Bites and other foods

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DwarfCichlidLvr

Fish Addict
Reaction score
There are several containers/bags bug bites and I was wondering if all of the were good or if there are specific ones that are better than others. I have mainly carnivores. (angels, tetras, dwarf, corys (if they count as they will happily eat any food that falls)

I also have a farlowella that wont eat cucumber. S/he is surviving on just algae/biofilm right now (don't worry. I but it up for 2 weeks before I got it and there is still some left) so I was wondering about Repashy Super Green. Do you think it'll be accepted? I just don't want to have to have a constant supply of algae in the tank. If you know of any other foods please suggest them! :)
If all else fails I'll just grow it on rocks in a jar on a windowsill and plop them in every so often.

Thanks in advance

Take your veggie discs you make and wedge them onto the driftwood where he normally sits.

I suggest some Shrimp Pellets, for the cories. The farlow may try them eventually too. My vittata didnt touch nothing for several months, just biofilm. Shes porky even still. If yours has a round belly, shes eating good. Cant hurt to try out repashy.

As for bug bites, go with either the tropical or the bottom feeder.

Take your veggie discs you make and wedge them onto the driftwood where he normally sits.

I suggest some Shrimp Pellets, for the cories. The farlow may try them eventually too. My vittata didnt touch nothing for several months, just biofilm. Shes porky even still. If yours has a round belly, shes eating good. Cant hurt to try out repashy.

As for bug bites, go with either the tropical or the bottom feeder.
I tried that. He doesn't hang out on the dw too much though. On the pot though. No place there.

Double negative! lol It is very round! Almost concerning. lol

ok. tropical community small fish?

Id go as large as you can that your smallest tank inhabitants can eat it. You have angelfish so that may factor in the size too. Too small will be harder to feed them.

If your farlowella will only eat algae try putting some small stones in a jar in the windowsill. In a couple weeks they'll have algae and you can drop them in the tank. You can rotate rocks for a constant supply

Id go as large as you can that your smallest tank inhabitants can eat it. You have angelfish so that may factor in the size too. Too small will be harder to feed them.
But I'll also have Kerris. So 2-3 mm?
If your farlowella will only eat algae try putting some small stones in a jar in the windowsill. In a couple weeks they'll have algae and you can drop them in the tank. You can rotate rocks for a constant supply
Yes. That was my last plan. I mentioned that in my first post. :)

There are several containers/bags bug bites and I was wondering if all of the were good or if there are specific ones that are better than others. I have mainly carnivores. (angels, tetras, dwarf, corys (if they count as they will happily eat any food that falls)

At first I thought you were referring to different brands, but I now think you actually mean the different sizes of the Fluval Bug Bites (correct me if wrong assmption). I use the smallest size. Some of these will get to the substrate and this is perhaps the best prepared food for cories, and they love them. Make sure you put sufficient in the tank so many will get down to the sand for the cories.

Omega One Shrimp Pellets are also good nutrition for cories, and my Farlowella relished these too.

As for the Farlowella, Omega One Veggie Rounds should be fed once a week. The cories will go after these too, which is OK but don't overfeed them as too much veggie matter is problematic for cory digestion. My Farlowella soon learned when the Veggie Rounds went in, and even the many fry picked up on this quickly.

Dried leaves also provide good nourishment for Farlowella. The infusoria they graze from the leaves is highly nutritious. They will also eat delicate-leaf plants. Don't wast time on blanched vegetables, they are not that nutritious anyway and can foul the water, and cories should not have them (may or may not eat at them, best to avoid).

At first I thought you were referring to different brands, but I now think you actually mean the different sizes of the Fluval Bug Bites (correct me if wrong assmption). I use the smallest size. Some of these will get to the substrate and this is perhaps the best prepared food for cories, and they love them. Make sure you put sufficient in the tank so many will get down to the sand for the cories.

Omega One Shrimp Pellets are also good nutrition for cories, and my Farlowella relished these too.

As for the Farlowella, Omega One Veggie Rounds should be fed once a week. The cories will go after these too, which is OK but don't overfeed them as too much veggie matter is problematic for cory digestion. My Farlowella soon learned when the Veggie Rounds went in, and even the many fry picked up on this quickly.

Dried leaves also provide good nourishment for Farlowella. The infusoria they graze from the leaves is highly nutritious. They will also eat delicate-leaf plants. Don't wast time on blanched vegetables, they are not that nutritious anyway and can foul the water, and cories should not have them (may or may not eat at them, best to avoid).
Oh, yes. My apologies for the confusion.

Ok.

I'll try those first.

I was eventually going to get some leaf litter but I live in the desert so I have to buy it (same with wood)
When i had a pleco the corys did like it but pleco would soon take it over. lol

Most reactions

trending

Back