Question about Anacharis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jpmcca01

Reaction score
Tank dimensions are 30x12x12... about 20gal US. I have 2 lights on my tank a 20 watt (Which came with my hood) and a 15 watt(Which I bought from Home Depot, says its for aquatic plants). I also just got some Anacharis and was wondering with a total of 35 watts will my tank be ok? Not to concerned for rapid growth, just want the plants to stay alive. Also I turned off the airstone, was wondering if I should have done that?

They have been in there for 3 days now and everything seems ok. They still are really green and look alive, but I have never had aquatic plants. So I was expecting them to die or do horrible in my tank. Also they arent quite shooting straight up towards the light, like house plants do. Thanks!!

I think they'll be okay. I have anacharis in my 10 gallon and they're doing peachy keen. I have 15 watts of light on that tank. I also throw some anacharis in my one gallon and five gallon and they're doing okay in there. Not as well as in the 10 gallon, but still okay.

Pamela
aka Lizard

I have heard that they are low light plants, and mine have always stayed nice and green with only 20 watts of light on a 20 gal. tank. I also let them float in my turtle tank (very nutritious for my turtle!), and they look great.

Update on my tank: Well some of the anarcharis are branching off into seperate shoots already! Not even a week yet. This seems like a good thing considering what I have read about plants getting shocked like fish. Just thought I would let you guys know :p Only problem i have is my clown loaches like to dig them up every now and then. :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back