Question About African Dwarf Frogs

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Em29

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hiya everyone - do Dwarf frogs need to go into a cycled tank?? I have a 90 litre for them to move into once it have been fishless cycled and I have a small 20 litre for the interim.

Is it possible to put the frogs into this small tank and do like a fish-in cycle with them in (only no fish!)... My chilcren would like a frog or two and I thought putting them into a smaller tank at first would give us chance to get to know them and watch them up close for a while before popping them into the big tank once ready?

Hiya everyone - do Dwarf frogs need to go into a cycled tank?? I have a 90 litre for them to move into once it have been fishless cycled and I have a small 20 litre for the interim.

Is it possible to put the frogs into this small tank and do like a fish-in cycle with them in (only no fish!)... My chilcren would like a frog or two and I thought putting them into a smaller tank at first would give us chance to get to know them and watch them up close for a while before popping them into the big tank once ready?

I'd strongly advise against it. frogs rely on water quality.

Thnk you - I have a 23 litre tank also that is cycled so I will be moving fish into large tank when cycled and then put the little frogs in my cycled tank :rolleyes:
Just have to wait for the darn thing to get cycled..... :crazy:

Thnk you - I have a 23 litre tank also that is cycled so I will be moving fish into large tank when cycled and then put the little frogs in my cycled tank :rolleyes:
Just have to wait for the darn thing to get cycled..... :crazy:

or, you could add a small filter, to your cycled tank, for a few weeks.
then use that filter, in your frog tank.

you could even "seed" your frog filter from the media in your cycled filter.
then drop some ammonia , in the tank, to check its up to the job.

this way, could, take only days.

Ah thanks - I guess there are was around it. I could easily seed this little tank to use for a short time until the other tank becomes available.

Thanks for the ideas :good:

Ah thanks - I guess there are was around it. I could easily seed this little tank to use for a short time until the other tank becomes available.

Thanks for the ideas :good:

A pleasure man.
after all I learned much,i now know, here.

Most reactions

Back