Question about a lonely Endler's livebearer

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

joelfernandes

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm new to the hobby and it's been a struggle to get through a cycled tank. As part of going through that, I got a second 10-gallon tank to use to quarantine fish before putting them in the main tank. I got 5 Endler's livebearers while I was cycling that tank, and, I wished I knew more then, as most of them died except for one. Since then it's been 3 weeks since he's been in the tank by himself.

He's been healthy for about a month now and I'm thinking and ready to join the bigger tank with 1 angelfish + 3 neon tetras + 3 dalmatian mollies. However, I want to get more endless, and of course I will want to quarantine the new ones before adding them to the new aquarium. My question is: should I keep the existing one in the aquarium with the new endlers so that he can school with them? Or should I move it to the bigger tank even though there are no endlers or guppies there?

They aren't schooling fish so I would move him to keep him healthy and away from the new fish.

Both ways wil work. Endlers aren't schooling fish but they can shoal, tbh.

I moved it to the main tank but he started bothering my mollies quite a lot. I ended up getting guppies instead of more endlers and put the endler together with them in the separate tank. He's also constantly pecking at the guppies. He's quite feisty. What can/should I do? will the behavior tone down eventually? Is this because he was alone for multiple weeks in the tank?

He thinks he's a guppy. They do breed together so if you have male guppies he may well be going for dominance. And the females? Well, he'll have a twinkle in his eyes

Plenty of Endlers here for you. MrsLurchs female Endler tank has just revealed another 20+ fry. The girls haven’t been near a boy for about a year unless their sneaking across her 8’ office desk during the night.
When will it end? There’s been about 200 so far. @emeraldking please please tell me it won’t be going on forever!

Plenty of Endlers here for you. MrsLurchs female Endler tank has just revealed another 20+ fry. The girls haven’t been near a boy for about a year unless their sneaking across her 8’ office desk during the night.
When will it end? There’s been about 200 so far. @emeraldking please please tell me it won’t be going on forever!
Unless, they haven't used all the stored sperm packets, it will go on...

Nnnnooooooooooo2.
LFS won’t take em as fry so they’re being put into my 120L tank until they colour up or are recognised by sex. All this is preventing me pressing ahead wih converting my 120L to a mini fish only tank. I’ll keep some but as of now I’ve 3 WCMM left from a bunch of 6 and 20 male endlers.

Most reactions

trending

Back