Quarantine 54l

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Beastije

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So, I decided to be stupid and impulsive. I know many of you will not agree and I accept that.
My SA tank is having some issues with corydoras. I suspect parasites, who knows, none of the other fish are affected. I decided to treat it with levimasol, since nothing else is available, though I have no way of knowing the type of parasite.
Because the issue is with corydoras, I decided to say screw it, moved the hatchetfish and otocinclus from the quarantine to the large tank and treat it with them in it. I know I may end up regretting it.
I also removed all my tylomelania and nerite snails to quarantine and my bamboo shrimp to my small shrimp tank, where they will lack flow for filtering, but it has a mild substrate and cohabitants and I have a chance of catching them out again.

Because I hope the treatment will either work, or all those corydoras that are darker in color will die off, I have decided to purchase the rummynose tetras I have planned for the tank and stick them in the quarantine with the tylomelania snails. No matter how it will go, I can leave them here for two three weeks. They were in the shop for two weeks too and they look great
This is just a day after adding them, look at the colors. They got crushed fluval bug bites and they almost ate the snails around it too. The tank is a tad small for them, but they look great
So yes, I may end up regretting this, but for now I at least have these beauties' to look at

Attachments

• 1670145808800.jpg
    1670145808800.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 40
So, I decided to be stupid and impulsive. I know many of you will not agree and I accept that.
My SA tank is having some issues with corydoras. I suspect parasites, who knows, none of the other fish are affected. I decided to treat it with levimasol, since nothing else is available, though I have no way of knowing the type of parasite.
Because the issue is with corydoras, I decided to say screw it, moved the hatchetfish and otocinclus from the quarantine to the large tank and treat it with them in it. I know I may end up regretting it.
I also removed all my tylomelania and nerite snails to quarantine and my bamboo shrimp to my small shrimp tank, where they will lack flow for filtering, but it has a mild substrate and cohabitants and I have a chance of catching them out again.

Because I hope the treatment will either work, or all those corydoras that are darker in color will die off, I have decided to purchase the rummynose tetras I have planned for the tank and stick them in the quarantine with the tylomelania snails. No matter how it will go, I can leave them here for two three weeks. They were in the shop for two weeks too and they look great
This is just a day after adding them, look at the colors. They got crushed fluval bug bites and they almost ate the snails around it too. The tank is a tad small for them, but they look great
So yes, I may end up regretting this, but for now I at least have these beauties' to look at
The fish weren't going to run away from you in a week or 2, you know. They'd still be there in the shop. Patience is something we have to learn not juat for this hobby but for life haha

Normally I'd raise the temperature, add aquarium salt and do 50%-80% water changes every day or so. You can also vaccum clean the gravel. But since you're already using a medication, I'm not sure if these things would interfere. Also, why didnt you just move every fish to the quarantine tank, clean the main tank 100%, and treat all the fish in the quarantine tank? That seems like the most logical and practical thing , no?

Because I dont know which fish are infected, if it were parasites, all would be and it makes more sense to treat the tank, not the fish. And moving 80 fish to a 54 liter is not feasible.
I did do the water changes, nothing
I did the salt doses, also nothing. I could still raise the temp after I do the water change after the levimasol, worth a try, since I have zero clue what is wrong with the fish

Because I dont know which fish are infected, if it were parasites, all would be and it makes more sense to treat the tank, not the fish. And moving 80 fish to a 54 liter is not feasible.
I did do the water changes, nothing
I did the salt doses, also nothing. I could still raise the temp after I do the water change after the levimasol, worth a try, since I have zero clue what is wrong with the fish
Not knowing which fish is infected is the reason why all of them should have been mpved to the quarantine

What logic is that? What is the purpose of the quarantine then, if you move all the fish? I do not understand
Haha if its a parasite, you treat all the fish. Its...its like a virus.... why do we take vaccines then? Same logic lol. Now if its a bacterial disease then moving individual fish is best.

So 50/50 you accidentally transfer the mystery disease to the very sensitive rummy noses.

You do seem determined to do everything received wisdom says no one should ever do, and you think saying you know it's wrong somehow excuses it. There is no use in your asking anything. You will do what your impulsiveness calls for and listen to no one. I've come to the conclusion, after reading you a fair bit, that your concern isn't for the welfare of your fish, but rather because their sickness should stop you from adding more. I have no idea why you post.

Good luck.

So 50/50 you accidentally transfer the mystery disease to the very sensitive rummy noses.

You do seem determined to do everything received wisdom says no one should ever do, and you think saying you know it's wrong somehow excuses it. There is no use in your asking anything. You will do what your impulsiveness calls for and listen to no one. I've come to the conclusion, after reading you a fair bit, that your concern isn't for the welfare of your fish, but rather because their sickness should stop you from adding more. I have no idea why you post.

Good luck.
How would I transfer the mystery disease to the rummynose, which are in the quarantine, and not in the main tank when the disease happened DURING the time I was quarantining the hatchetfish/otocinclus?
There is no cross contamination and I am not moving the rummynose in the main tank for few weeks.

How would I transfer the mystery disease to the rummynose, which are in the quarantine, and not in the main tank when the disease happened DURING the time I was quarantining the hatchetfish/otocinclus?
There is no cross contamination and I am not moving the rummynose in the main tank for few weeks.

Well.... you said that the cories and otos were in the quarantine tank and then you moved it to the main. If its a parasite, it will be in the quarantine tank as well. Unless 100% water change was made.

You do seem determined to do everything received wisdom says no one should ever do, and you think saying you know it's wrong somehow excuses it. There is no use in your asking anything. You will do what your impulsiveness calls for and listen to no one. I've come to the conclusion, after reading you a fair bit, that your concern isn't for the welfare of your fish, but rather because their sickness should stop you from adding more. I have no idea why you post

GaryE is right, I've read some.of your posts and they're very odd. You post so that people can tell you what you want to hear (it seems like) and gets frustrated if they don't.

Also, you joined 2-3 months ago and you said that you were about to get your tank. Then, in the span of 2-3 months you mention a 200L, 150L and a 350L tank. (You always mention the same fish too).
I think thats quite unlikely, considering you seem to be rather young. I could be wrong, but it seems like you could be lying.

I've noticed you argue back with people trying to help you in the posts? Again, coming back to the possibility you want people to tell you what you want to hear.

Not trying to offend, just making some side observations from your posts since you've joined. (I went through them to see if there was any further information that could help us help you).

According to the Frankfurt virologist Martin Stürmer, this discussion is not new. "This is a double-edged sword: If you shorten the quarantine, you can be more productive. But you also risk infections that could be prevented through longer isolation. You have to weigh this risk carefully.

A small update from me
20.10 I got the 10 sterbai into quarantine, no visible issues
8.11 I moved the sterbais into the main tank (most likely culprit of the following corydoras issues), quarantine got 8 common hatchetfish and 10 otocinclus fish
3.12 I moved all the hatchetfish and the 6 remaining otocinclus to the main tank, into quarantine went 20 rummynose tetras (that were 14 days in the store)
25.12 I moved all 20 rummynose tetras into my main tank.

Since middle of the november, I lost two ember tetra and around 5 older sterbai corydoras, 14.12 I added levamisol into the tank (after removing shrimp and snails), since then I lost one more corydoras. After adding the rummynose, I lost one or two ember tetras and I decided to move several of the embers to a quarantine tank to rapidly reduce their feeding to see if they can get better (or less round, there is a video in one of my other topics). I still suspect a parasite of some sort, but I lost the embers with exact same symptoms back in august and I did lose 4 of the older batch of corydoras in the past year, last loss in september before any of the new fish. But at least, no loses to the hatchetfish, otocinclus (in the main tank) or the rummynose tetra from the mystery illness. This also most likely doesnt mean it was the new corydoras, or all the fish in the quarantine afterword would be affected, or all the fish then added to the main tank would be affected. Could have been some other trigger.
I am not asking for any advice here, just updating this, in case anyone was following

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back