Python water changer

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I was just watching a video to see how it works. The entire time he's setting up & emptying the tank the kitchen sink tap is running. Does the kitchen tap have to run the whole time to create the pull?

And the old tank water goes right down the drain. Is there a way to feed this water straight into a water butt for collection?

I was just watching a video to see how it works. The entire time he's setting up & emptying the tank the kitchen sink tap is running. Does the kitchen tap have to run the whole time to create the pull?

And the old tank water goes right down the drain. Is there a way to feed this water straight into a water butt for collection?

Yes, that's the downside of a python. Essentially you have to waste an equal amount of water as you remove from the tank as the tap it's connected to has to be running to create the pull. It's why I moved away from using a python to a pond pump.

Ah that's a pity. Overloading our septic system with too much water at once causes all sorts of issues. Might need to look at the DIY pump idea with a butt to collect the old tank water.

Ah that's a pity. Overloading our septic system with too much water at once causes all sorts of issues. Might need to look at the DIY pump idea with a butt to collect the old tank water.
The rolling 50litre butts I picture earlier are easy to handle, add a pond pump and some line sorted.

The rolling 50litre butts I picture earlier are easy to handle, add a pond pump and some line sorted.
Yeah that looks like a good idea as inlet is quite low down too - and I can push it :)

The lid on the side is for turning them into a cistern, you can attach a hose with a ballcock valve there and then the submersible pump goes in through the top. It's for use in parks that have water supplied to each pitch and prevents overpressuring the vans internal plumbing or dealing with a very low pressure supply.

On parks where there's a central standpipe you stand them up for filling and while in use and lie them down to move them, the handle clips on and off.

I'll do a bit or googling but definitely want a hose instead of bucket but collecting water, not straight dump down the drain.

I’m gonna drain my tank using our external pipe with water butt and funnel below it to catch the tank waste and tap water. Then I’ll pass the pipe through the kitchen window and attach it to the kitchen mixer tap to fill.
Water meters are coming round our way apparently.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back