Python water change hack?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Mstansbury0704

Reaction score
Unsure really which section to post this in so here goes.
I use a python for water changes and refilling.
The big kicker i think of everytime I use it Iā€™m running water to remove water through the Venturi kind of system the python uses...Has anyone here ever added an inline pump to their python for water changes? If so how and what pump did you use? I know I can use a submersible but My thoughts being if I can get an inline pump such as one like cobalt aquatics makes and not a submersible style I can attach my gravel vac with the pump as well...all Iā€™d need to do is buy the python 10 foot extension to cut in half to splice the pump in and Iā€™d have something nice and neat that can be unscrewed and screwed back in. Thoughts??

Unsure really which section to post this in so here goes.
I use a python for water changes and refilling.
The big kicker i think of everytime I use it Iā€™m running water to remove water through the Venturi kind of system the python uses...Has anyone here ever added an inline pump to their python for water changes? If so how and what pump did you use? I know I can use a submersible but My thoughts being if I can get an inline pump such as one like cobalt aquatics makes and not a submersible style I can attach my gravel vac with the pump as well...all Iā€™d need to do is buy the python 10 foot extension to cut in half to splice the pump in and Iā€™d have something nice and neat that can be unscrewed and screwed back in. Thoughts??
Sounds like a good idea, but it would need to be taken off for when you are filling.

I use 2 hose, I let one drain slowly to the sink with the slow python sython and the other to a submersible pump.

To fill, I attach both hose to the python using a splitter and remove the pump. I have some serious water pressure, so both hoses still flow at full blast from the sink.

I have quick connects on everything. Those things are great.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

One prop to the inline hose is you can still gravel vac.

With a submersible pump you can only drain

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

That was my thoughts, thought it would be a neat idea to be able to water change and gravel vac without the python pump running..could maybe even route the gray water outside for plants while using the gravel vac? But idk what the python gph is at my sink water pressure maybe next time I have it out Iā€™ll see how fast it can empty a 5 gallon...if memory is right I think the cobalt aquatics is only a 210gph..so in theory it would take less than 2 minutes for 5 gallons

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back