Python Clean & Fill Water Changer

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Tednol

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
aparently they are really good. i'm thinking of getting one becasue i'm fed up of the bucket and rushing to the sink stage. Does anyone rate them?
if so where is the cheapest place to get it from, i did an easyvalue search and couldnt find ny.
any info would be grateful

I love my Python.....I had heard such good things about them that I had a friend from chat send me one....and man are they good....especially for changing the 75gall (which I never had to do by hand but I dreaded it)...

I am not sure where are good places to buy from...I am in Australia and they don't even sell them here.....

You won't regret buying one!!!

Chooklet said:
I love my Python.....I had heard such good things about them that I had a friend from chat send me one....and man are they good....especially for changing the 75gall (which I never had to do by hand but I dreaded it)...

I am not sure where are good places to buy from...I am in Australia and they don't even sell them here.....

You won't regret buying one!!!
but when the water goes back in from the tap, how do you declorinate it and get it to the right temp?

For me, up till today, I calculated how much dechlorinator was needed for a water change (for me it is in drops).....then the first time I did a change I timed it....from then on I added a drop at set intervals so that its addition is spread evenly over the addition of the new water...

As for the temp, I make sure the water is slightly warmer than the tank...and set this before I attach the hoses to my tap/faucet....otherwise it is a nusiance to do once the hoses are attached (of course this depends on the type of faucet/tap you have)...

Today in someone elses post, I read that a common way of adding the dechlor is to just add the amount needed at the beginning (you should know the volume of water in litres or gallins being changed)...i am not sure about this....I don't think the dechlor out of the bottle is safe for the fish....That said...I may try that tomorrow

HTH

Tednol said:
where is the cheapest place to get it from
Do you have Petsmarts in your area? Go to Petsmart.com and find the Python, print the webpage with the prices, take it to your store, and ask them to match the price (you may have to find the manager). They're way cheaper on Petsmart.com, and the chain's policy is to match the .com price.

heresmike said:
Tednol said:
where is the cheapest place to get it from
Do you have Petsmarts in your area? Go to Petsmart.com and find the Python, print the webpage with the prices, take it to your store, and ask them to match the price (you may have to find the manager). They're way cheaper on Petsmart.com, and the chain's policy is to match the .com price.
PetSmart offers free shipping on orders over $50, so if you've got a couple of things you've been wanting and can wait for them to ship it to you, you can just order it online. That's what I just did :)

I simply add dechloronator (in my case Big Al's, which is the same as stress coat) while adding water. I never killed a fish due to water change so far.

I don't even measure any more. Every once in a while, I drop some of the stuff in while the water is being added into the tank.

By the way, I do this to my rift lake tank as well! The pH difference is significant (1.2) between the tap water and the water in the tank. Just like the dechloronator, I melt baking soda and epsom salt in a cup of warm water and drip them in while adding the tap water. (alternate between this solution and dechloronator).

Zero casualties so far... :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back