Pygmy corys and "cleaning" substrate

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Okay, thanks for your replies. I am feeding mainly micro worms so far. I have tried frozen cyclops but the cyclops donā€™t seem to freeze very well and it just seems like adding a load of mush to the tank.

Iā€™ll try and get hold of some mini bloodworms and bug bites. I have other micro granules such as Dennerle nano gran and tetra prima mini granules So will try them as well Along with the odd algae wafer.

Cylops do tend to do that, they float in the water column like a cloud for a long while, makes them good fry food for fish like guppies and tetra once they're big enough, since everyone gets a chance to eat. With only six cories though, a whole frozen block is likely too much. Cut it into smaller quarters and try with small amounts, they'll swim up to get some when hungry!

Corydroas do not need as much protein as upper fish, which is why they should be fed "cory" foods...like bug bites. They cannot digst vegetable matter, so they should not be fed algae-base foods, unless there is a fish in the same tank requiring these.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back