Pygmy Corydoras With Finrot!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Loops

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Evening all

One of my poor pygmy's has what I think is finrot, I thought at first it had been nipped but noticed today he no longer has a tail at all :sad:

All the other fish are fine, but what can i treat the whole tank with? i cannot isolate him and i have snails in there.

Thanks

All i have at home is Interpet No. 9 Internal Bacteria.

A good start would be a 25% water change, then water changes daily (or more often in general) if you can. And half of the recommended dose of aquarium salt (not a full dose because corydoras are more sensitive). I've never used it before, but maracyn PLUS (plus only, not the other maracyns) is said to be safe for snails and treats fin rot.

P.S. If you don't want to treat the whole tank, you could try feeding the sick cory antibacterial fish food, but since they're bottom feeders I don't know how you would actually feed it to him :blink: . Whatever you do, I'd definitely do some salt and water changes.

Myxazin a better med for finrot.

You will have to buy a small isolation tank for the snails.
Does the base of the tail look infected, or red and sore.

Well looked today and the tail has gone completely :(

Pygmy is still eating though

Just keep a close eye for signs of infection.

He really needs a med adding to the tank.
Glad he's still eating as that's a good sign.

He can hardly swim bless him, he is finding it strange without his tail, his other fins don't look affected?

Not sounding good now i'm afraid. He will just get exhausted trying to keep balance, and swim.

Can you isolate the sick fish and drop the water level.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back