Pygmy Cories

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Joe_Shafe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting some pygmy cories any tips on how to keep them. They're going in a 10 gallon planted tank btw.

I have ten pygmies in my Tank and they do not have any special needs at all . They eat the same as my other cories , but also like flake food , They are Mid tank swimmers and like places to hide in the day time . :good:

They're fairly easy. They seem to take longer to acclimate than other species of Corydoras, but once they're in they're fine.

They'll eat pretty much anything that fits in their mouths, which to them are quite big, but in fact are very small. Mine try to eat all sorts they cant fit.

I have them in with Panda Corys and i was feeding bloodworm every few days. I've had to switch to mini bloodworm on account of finding one Pygmy struggling for air at the top with a large bloodworm hanging from its mouth. I managed to net him and whip it out and he's been fine since. They also get flake, tetra prime mini and anything else i feed the other corys.

Once they spawn once the group will keep spawning regularly every 2 weeks, given they have a good diet. I gave them frozen live food and pellets and flakes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back