pvc pipe filtration

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

colin_finlay

Reaction score
Hi all, I work at a pipe fitting warehouse with pvc pipe and tubing and pretty much everything I need to make a filtration system. I always here about guys making these filter systems but I really dont know to do it......Ive heard terms like a HOB filter, I dont really know what that is but since I have all this pvc pipe available to me I would like to do something with it, fancy and all!

we have the same idea....i just finish my 70g tank filtration system and i even upgrade it to a spay kit.... :D

Colin, use ABS, working in a pipe fitting shop you should know about the downsides of PVC.....

an HOB (hang over or off the back)filter is simple. it uses an impeller to pull water up a tube into a chamber that fills up till it spills back into the tank..... within this chamber is a filter IE: a sponge, carbon and often times holding places for other media like ammochips, clay media for BB (beneficial bacteria), lava rock for BB or even other chips made for removing phosphates..... theres a whole world of media out there... all you need to do is think up a way for water to pass threw.....

heres a place to look into more options like wet/dry filters, algae scrubbers and denitrafacation coils...... alto of DIY stuff here...

http://www.kingvinnie.com/aquaria/diy/

good luck

EDIT:your avatar sucks...... sorry if thats your face but it looks like you just likcked someones rear or somthing :p

thanks for your response...i guess lol

We carry a full stock of pvc fittings and pipe for low extractable and high pressure chemicals, only downside to it is that in extreme cold is is breakable, but with many positive things its great for these projects, LXT is a ultra pure water tubing we use and it will last a 100 years and will not contaminate any water ever!

thanks for your help

and my avatar is true

i was licking someones rear.....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back